Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cPanel System Backup is not enabled ...
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
McMurtrey
I was going to use the "backup" icon on my cPanel screen.

[ I'm using 2x skin]
but when that page loaded it states this at the top of the Backup panel
cPanel System Backup is not enabled on this machine.
Some other type of backup system may be in place, however
downloads cannot be fetched using thi module.

So how can I backup my site using cPanel?

Thanks......
Stanly
No, you can't.
CPanel backup system is disabled 'cause it load server a lot.

We use our own backup system.
McMurtrey
How am I supposed to back up my websites data?
Alec
If you want to download a backup of you site you should open a trouble ticket and we'll do backup and post a link where you can download it.
LP_
Most FTP or HTML editors will let you download your entire site through FTP. I'd do that, that way you'll be sure everything was "enabled" and you have a proper backup wink.gif
Alexandre
Yes, you are right. wink.gif
depewwil
Well, when I choose generate full backup it does it for me and puts a file in the home directory. course, I also mirror my site locally and backup the databases individually.

What you would be missing if you did it just w/ the FTP client is the mail setup and the subdomains, amony other customized items you setup through Cpanel. Thus, you can restore your data files easy enough but the configuration is going to take the time.

To solve that, I've documented every change I've made so, if I get hit but a truck, someone can redo it. I'm awaiting the description for mysql remote access, what actually was done to get it working again after it stopped working, so I can add that to my documentation,

-Scott, paranoid about disaster recovery....

As an aside, I store 1 copy locally on my work machine (powerbook), another copy on my home file server (old powermac 7500), make check point backups of EVERYTHING tom CDROM, and keep 1 of those CDROMs copied offsite (i give them to the school I'm doing the site for). Multiple, good backups of everything, including all background docs, emails, etc.... that is THE only way to protect yourself. I do the cdrom 1 time per month and right before and after any major, site wide sweeping changes.

Oh, I also backup my guestbook and invision powerboard installations. I've made many changes I don't want to have to do.
Alexandre
You on the right way!
McMurtrey
Soooo I guess a "one click" backup option is not possible.
I'm beggining to feel I'm way over my head.

Is there some sort of tutorial on backing EVERTHING up, so I
can restore from a CD copy?

I checked google and cant find one...thanks
Stanly
We don't have a tutorial for this yet.
As Alec told if you need your backup please open a trouble ticket and we'll move it to your home directory so you will be able to download it.
MartinB
You can't configure or modify the cpanel backup feature something like "1 time per week" for each client, or "1 time per month" ? this will decrease the overload and make happy clients... huh.gif
Stanly
We've our own backup system so we don't need to have one more.
If somebody need to download backup of his/her account he/she just need to open a trouble ticket as it was told smile.gif
McMurtrey
Stanly,
We as users just want to see all our options.
Sometimes we want more than whats availible.
But it doesn't hurt to ask or iquire.

Concerning the "trouble Ticket" backup request.
Once its in my home directory. Is it zipped?
And I just download it?

If I restore from it using Frontpage upload, will
the databases, php and all work?
Or do I need to change anything?

Like chmod permissions etc?

Thanks
Stanly
1. Your account is archieved.
2. You upload backup archieve via FTP, informing us and have your site from backup in 10-15 minutes.
McMurtrey
Thanks that seems simple enough ...
phobos
Ok. I'm closing this thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here