Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PostGreSQL Help
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
vividbeam
Okay, this is my VERY first time installing a PostgreSQL script so I am VERY confused on how and what this all means. If you could help me that would be fabulous! tongue.gif

- Install Apache with PHP

- Postgresql version > 7.3

- su - postgres
createdb rateme
psql rateme < rateme_schema.sql
psql rateme < rateme_dump_tables.sql

- create virtual apache host.

These were the instructions I was given to install the script. If you could give instructions on where I need to go in my cpanel and what to do to install it i'd greatly appreciate it.
Stanly
- Install Apache with PHP
- Postgresql version > 7.3
Already installed.

- su - postgres
createdb rateme

You need to go to your CPanel -> PostgreSQL Databases and create database called rateme

You can do this via phpPgAdmin (located at the CPanel -> PostgreSQL Databases)

create virtual apache host

Already done.
vividbeam
Thanks so much! Oh one question though.

For that, which category do I put it in and do I put the whole line (ex:psql rateme < rateme_schema.sql) in there?

Tables
Views
Sequences
Functions
Types
Stanly
You need to open these files and put their entry to the database rateme
vividbeam
I'm sorry for being such a hassle but I have no idea how to find these files. Im in the phpPgAdmin section but all I see are tons and tons of links. Do you know where these specific files may be located?
Stanly
You are in phpPgAdmin

1. Click at the database name at the left side.

2. As you can see you have buttons at the top of main screen (Schemas, SQL, Find, Variables, Processes, Admin, Privileges, Export)
Click at the "SQL" button, open rateme_schema.sql file at your local computer and put its entries to the "Enter the SQL to execute below" field.

Then do the same actions for rateme_dump_tables.sql file.

That's all.
vividbeam
Okay, did that. When I go to admin panel and login I get this error. Does this error have to do with the SQL database?

Warning: main(adodb/adodb.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wasillan/public_html/vivid-beam/matchus/rfunctions.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'adodb/adodb.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wasillan/public_html/vivid-beam/matchus/rfunctions.php on line 4

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: adonewconnection() in /home/wasillan/public_html/vivid-beam/matchus/rfunctions.php on line 7
Alexandre
Please try now.
I have fixed it.
It was an error with path to
adodb.inc.php.
vividbeam
I'm still getting errors in the phpPgadmin area. I got this error when trying to execute aswell as another error in the database admin area.

SQL error:
ERROR: permission denied to set session authorization

and in the admin panel in priviledges:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/privileges.php on line 158
Vanya
We should move this conversation to support desk. It will be easier there.
Please open a ticket on http://support.hostony.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here