Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Initial Setup on Reseller Account
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
JohnGarziglia
I would like to suggest that, in your documentation for reseller accounts, a more complete explanation appear on the need for initially setting up a "package" to be able to add accounts, and then some suggested settings for the "package" based upon the number of accounts to be set up. My problem was that it was not initially apparent to me the need to apportion bandwidth across different accounts in the same way as disk space is apportioned. The result was that one account quickly ran out of bandwidth and was locked out necessitating the need to ask for assistance to unlock it. It would have been helpful to have suggested initial settings for a sample reseller "package" based upon an example of a number of domains to be hosted such as four or eight domains. The manuals that come with the WebHost control panel are not helpful on this subject.
Serge
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm thinking about developing flash tutorials outlining main aspects of setting up different things. They should greatly ease life for newbies.

As usually the only problem is time sad.gif I think once we'll come close to developing flash tutorials we'll make the one you suggested for resellers.
I guess it is better to show once then tell hundred times how to do it.
JohnGarziglia
Yes, that would be helpful. Particularly with an initial set-up, the new user is faced with a lack of familarity of the system in general, an enthusiasm for getting things up and running quickly without too much fuss, and often a time pressure necessitated by a move from another system, or a time pressure generated by the need for the new project in the first instance. Therefore, anything that you could do to outline "here is a suggested way to do it -- think about these things because you will not be able to change them later or these things will cause you great problems if done wrong, but do not worry too much about these other things because you can correct them later" would be good. And I am sure that you know better than anyone what those things are based upon the initial support requests you get from new subscribers.

Many thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here