Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about editing .php
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
Mystic
i found a php mod that i would like to use on one of my forums and i have a question

do i actually have the ability to edit the .php files for the forum ?

i dont want to do all the work of actually finding the code lines and editing them if i cant even save the edited file =)

thanks
Stanly
You can modify any file at your account.
Just download it via FTP, change, and upload again.
Or your can edit them in real time using shell access.
dragonfli
A word to the wise, download the files you wish to edit, save a seperate "virgin" copy somewhere that you will not modify.
Make modifications locally and then upload (overwrite) the files on your server with those you have modded.
If the mod doesn't work properly then simply re-upload (overwrite) using the original unmodified files that you so prudently saved for just such an emergency (all should return to how it was before the mod).
LP_
A word to the wise, download the files you wish to edit, save a seperate "virgin" copy somewhere that you will not modify.

I'd probably save the SQL database too/first, since in a forum that's really where the meat is.
bgp1
If you are modding a forum, I would make a local backup of the entire forum, just to be on the safe side.
Alexandre
You can do it if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here