Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mailman pages path
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
depewwil
As part of the slow build up and phased implementation, I starting to setup mailing lists using mailman. I want to customize the pages and I known I can do it in the HTML form, that part is easy.

Here's the slightly more difficult question: Where are the pages like listinfo.html stored (in short, what's the path to them)? I want to be able to brand the pages w/ my sites look and feel. I know I can use absolute links for images and such, but some items (like the site footer and links and, soon, many more) will be using includes or served from a database.

Are these pages in an accessible places in my directory tree and I just haven't found them? I looked but couldn't find them anywhere (maybe I looked in the wrong places). Please instruct.

-Scott, webmaster depewwildcats.com
Alec
You can't access these files but if you upload them in your private folder we'll be able to copy them to the mailman directory
depewwil
Understood. I'll open a ticket and tell you guys where the pages are once I'm done w/ them and which list they go to.

Along another lines, does anyone know (or has done so, or have a pointer to documentation on how to....) how to place the links to "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" to lists on an ancillary page. What I mean by this, by way of example (http://www.macfixit.com/), is placing a text box, checkbox, and popup menu to subscribe or unsubscribe to the list(s) rather than having to navigate users to a dedicated pages.

I can see the specialized tags when you go to customize the pages. But I believe I'm correct in assumming if I were to just put those into a page, it wouldn't tie correctly into mailman. I'm going on the assumption is a doable request, please advise if anyone knows the answers or where i can find the answers.

Yes, I already did a google search for similar tutorials. Got a ton of installation directions for mailman and python, but nothing like this.

Thanks in advance,
-Scott
Alexandre
We'll try to solve the problem described in trouble ticket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here