Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just 1 more question: IP Addresses
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi,

sorry about all the questions - but I really want to understand what I can get from my account if I go with you.

As a reseller, do I get an IP address for my account?

What about other accounts I create - am I able to assign IP addresses for them?

What about reselling your current packages - I didn't see anything on them about IP addresses. Do they all come with at least 1 IP address?

If accounts do not come with IP addresses, can I purchase them for my clients if they want an IP address?

Thanks.
Shurik
We provide virtual hosting. So all accounts are on the same IP by default. But if you will REALLY need the dedicated IP we can provide it, if we will have it on the moment.

We guarantee dedicated IPs only for nameservers of our resellers.
Anonymous
It does help to sell accounts if you can offer them their own IP address - especially for larger sized accounts, even if they have to pay a little extra for it.

What would you charge for extra IP addresses?

Are you saying from your previous response that I cannot really tell my clients that I can offer them a unique IP address since you may or may not have some available?
Shurik
Sorry. I leave this task for our manager. He will be here and answer in two days. I can't answer exactly, but ...

As far as I know (but I still not sure) the extra charge for the dedicated IP is $3 monthly.
I think we can provide dedicated IPs for all who really need it but we don't guarantee this. We formed our hosting plans for virtual hosting only. But as I see this is actual question. So our manager will decide can or can not we guarantee the dedicated IP and how much would it cost.
Anonymous
Hi,

did you ever talk to your manager about this - whether IP addresses can be purchased for any of the packages I resell?

:roll:
Anonymous
According to ARIN's regulations is forbidden to sell hosting with IP adresses (go arin.net). There is earnestly recommended to use name-based system of domain hosting in business.
That's why any hosting company can not sell IP with domains without voilation of ARIN's statements.
IP can be allowed to user for creating of name servers or temporarily for testing of unusual features of your site.
If you purchase reseller package you automatically receive 2 own name-servers having IP each. But you cannot use these IP for own goals. We may give IP for testing temporarily to any customer.
We are sorry but we can not give to you to sell IP's even for big money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here