Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tutorials are avaliable.
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Serge
We are developing a set of flash tutorials for our customers.

First set (Cpanel) is avaliable at http://help.hostony.com.

Please check them out and post your feed back here as well as ideas for any tutoorials you may need.

Tuatorials for WHM should be completed by the end of the weeks and by the mid of the april we should have HELM tutorials avaliable.
dragonfli
Well Done!

I look forward to the WHM Volume
yky
Good job, looking forward for the WHM version.
yky
i've found a website who sell these type of flash tutorials which are related to web hosting. They've got some good set of tutorials available on their web site.

here's the link for WHM tutorial. WHM Tutorial

I'm not advertising their website, but its just i thought it would save you guyz a lot of time in making your own. cool.gif
dragonfli
If they feel it will save them time perhaps...,
but personally, I liked the cpanel one Hostony put together better than the ones available there.
Just my opinion.
Serge
yky

We are thinking about bundling tutorials with our reseller packages. That's why we develop them ourselves.
Slick
Those are awsome its great to know that I can get support from people who know what theyre doing especially sence Im a newbie to hosting and creating websites all togeather.

Nice tutorials guys I might become a reseller one day :-D.
Toph1980
Agreed.

Keep it up Serge and company =)
bgp1
NICE!
CCCVancouver
Very handy!
And i'm sure it will pretend tons of people from messaging and e-mailing you endlessly
Serge
Thanks for commenting on the tutorials and suggesting ideas for new tutorials. They all were considered and we have added 8 new tutorials to the Cpanel package.

Plus we released first 7 tutorials of the WHM pack. More are on the way.
McMurtrey
Tutorials go a long way, they will definitely help Hostony support staff
in the volume of request they "won't" be getting, which will free up
their time for more important matters.

when can I as a reseller be expecting the tutorial package?
I'm looking forward to these ....thx
Radaideh
Hello

In the cPanle tutorial section Creating and Managing FTP Account the movie DOSEN'T work.

I have been trying to view this part of the tutorial for a week but still not there.

I realy need to see this part because I'm having trouble setting up FTP accounts.

thank you
Lehrer
An FTP account creates a folder on the public_html level of your site that allows external users that know the password to upload and download files from that location. Change your password if you think that your account is being used incorrectly.

Note: Please be aware that all users with the correct password will be able to add, edit, and delete files from the directory that you specify for the FTP account, and any directories within the stated directory.

To add an FTP account:

Click on the Ftp Manager button on the home page.

Click on the FTP Accounts link.

Click on the Add Account link.

Enter the name of the FTP account in the Login field and the password for the account in the Password field.

Enter the path to the directory to which this FTP account has access.

Warning: If you enter the top-level of the web site by entering a slash (/), all users with the correct password will be able to add, edit, and delete all files on your site. It is advisable to limit an FTP account to a smaller section of your web site.

Click on the Create button.

Good luck, hostony support departmentjava script:emoticon(':D')
java script:emoticon(':D')
Dark Hedgehog
Hostony, please bare in mind I might still be asking questions later on.

I am not one to know things on my own, so, the flash tutorials MAY help me a BIT, but, I think "personal" help, mono-e-mono is the best hep anyone can get, no matter how easy something is.

Its because I have a learning disability.

I still might consider talking over the Flash thing.
MSR
the Creating and Managing Autoresponders tutorial does not work.
Alexandre
We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for notification.
MSR
The Creating and Managing MySQL database tutorial does nothing except stay on the intro the whole time, a seemingly endless loop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here