Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Php Config settings.
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
darcyelliott
Hey.....

Just messing with php and it seems to be going ok, but I have a couple of questions about what I am doing and how php is configured.

1. Where is my php.ini file located (is there one for the server or one per site)?
(basicly I want to know if the session.auto_start option is on)

2. is register_globals turned on or off.

I am trying to work with session variables.... I was setting them using $_SESSION[XXX] and that didn't seem to work, when I tried to pull the info out of them on the next page so i tried using the session_register() function and get a Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by error..

I was getting that earlier when trying to start a session as well....what am I not getting with the concept here...

thanks
severe newbee!!!!

I think I got it licked now.....figures.....never give up !!!!!
Niakie
You have to make sure that any calls to session_register() and for setting sessions is done before any output by the script (I have noticed one of the biggest reasons for unwanted output is including PHP files that have a line after the ?>) I hope this helps some...
Joe_Kutz
In order to find out everything you ever wanted to know about how php is configured on your server...create a simple PHP file and upload it to the server. Then connect to that file via your browser.

In the file put the following code:
CODE
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Name it something.php and you will find out almost everthing you would ever need to know.
Vanya
darcyelliott
What is your domain name?
Toph1980
Yup Niakie is right.. just make sure all session_register() calls come first.. make it a future php rule wink.gif
phobos
If you got "headers already sent" error then your need to rewrite your script with one rule.
All cookies and other http protocol features, that is been used by calling setcookie() or header() functions, must be called before your script try to send any output to browser.
darcyelliott
Thanks Everybody...

I have managed to stumble arround some more, and am trying to make my life a little more miserable by setting up a session for the members area of my site, as well as start a phpbb session, so the user never has to log in to it, that happens when they login to the main site.

I have found some code in the phpbb forums, but has anyone else had any sucess in this.

Darce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here