Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Jay
1. When ordering the SPECIAL pack, do i get 10 new domains for free?

2. Is it allowed to host gambling on your site?

3. Whats the diffrence between the Lunix package and the Windows-pack?

4. Do we get mailing lists with the windowns package? And do the pack include scripts for subscribing to mailinglists?

5. I want to start a DotCom site with my friend, is it posible that he gets passwords that give him acces to that site only?
Stanly
1. When ordering the SPECIAL pack, do i get 10 new domains for free?
No, you can host 10 domain names, but you need to have them registered.

2. Is it allowed to host gambling on your site?

Yes.

3. Whats the diffrence between the Lunix package and the Windows-pack?
There are more features at Linux.

4. Do we get mailing lists with the windowns package? And do the pack include scripts for subscribing to mailinglists?

No, there si no such feature as mailing lists at Windows.

5. I want to start a DotCom site with my friend, is it posible that he gets passwords that give him acces to that site only?

Yes, it is possible. YOu just need to add his domain name to addon domains at your control panel.
Jay
I get one free domain right?

How much does it cost for addisional domains?
bgp1
Make sure that a Hostony staff member corrects me if I am wrong, but adding on domains using the special plan (as long as you are within your 10 limit) is free. You get one free domain registration with the plan as well. Other domains cost money to register only. The registration fee varies between comanies, but the standard I believe is $35USD per year.

Hostony staff, please correct me if I am wrong!
Stanly
.com, .net, .org, .info, etc. domain names will cost you $14.85 per one. smile.gif
So in the special pack i get 1 domain free for monthly change and free for registration charge.
And if i want one addisional domain it wil cost me $14.85 for registering and $35USD per year.?

What about the 10 domain in the special pack is that just the maximum that you are allowed to have with that pack?
Alec
Additional domains hosting is free but their registration costs $14.85 yearly per each.
Danimal
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 28 2004, 12:12 PM)
And if i want one addisional domain it wil cost me $14.85 for registering and $35USD per year.?

No, the $14.85 registration is what you pay per year. So it's $14.85 a year for the domain.

DO NOT register your domain with anyone who'd charge you $35 a year.
bgp1
Yea, that figure is a little off. Last time I renewed my domain (almost 5 years ago) it was $35/year. I will probably transfer it to Hostony so I don't have to pay another $35/year when I have to renew in 2005.
Toph1980
--
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here