Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show .htaccess files in FTP
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
VVV
It would be great to see hidden files such as .htaccess and .htpasswd with FTP client. Working with them from ssh is quite bad idea.
Alec
Open a trouble ticket and notify your ftp settings (host, username and password)
bgp1
I had that same problem, but I changed the FTP client to show them to me. I can tell you what I did, and you might be able to get similar results with your client.

I use CuteFTP, and I went to View -> Filter View...

Then I checked the box that says "Enable filtering" (I know, you have to enable filtering to not filter). Then in the box at eh bottom called "Server side filtering", I placed the following command (without the quotes) "-la". Hit OK and now I have all my .files and .dirs viewable.

Hope this helps!
flickerfly
QUOTE(VVV @ Mar 27 2004, 05:38 AM)
It would be great to see hidden files such as .htaccess and .htpasswd with FTP client. Working with them from ssh is quite bad idea.

Why is editing .htaccess and .htpasswd a bad idea with ssh and a text editor?
Alexandre
Why is editing .htaccess and .htpasswd a bad idea with ssh and a text editor?

You can edit these files via SSH or in some text editor on your PC and then upload .htaccess on the server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here