Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying a few extra gig bandwith
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
BigJimW
Hey guys.

Read the server move thread. I was wondering what was going on, site being unavailable for a bit. That explains it.

Anyways, on to the question. I checked my CPanel tonight and I fear I may be heading over the limit of 50 gb/mo for my plan this month. It's been VERY busy up on Moonport.Org and I may need to buy an extra gig or two to tide me over until the end of the month. I usually don't use this much bandwith. How do I go about buying a gig or two extra if needed? And what will happen if I happen to go over? Thanks!
Stanly
Don't worry, if your account goes over the plan you will be just informed by us and then billed for a exceeding. Account will not be disabled. smile.gif
I followed your request to our billing department, they will respond you soon.
BigJimW
Cool. Thanks.

Things got a bit crazy on my site for a bit. Since we're a mirror download site to Orbiter: Space Flight Simulator (http://www.moonport.org/orbiterdist.html), three mirror sites got knocked offline for awhile this past month. Then everyone turned to my site to get a copy. My bandwith went up faster than the Space Shuttle. laugh.gif

I do have to say though that your service handled it all quite nice. Only down for a bit during IP address change and server move. And if I didn't read about the server move, I wouldn't have even known about it! wink.gif
BigJimW
Yeah, just as I expected. My bandwith cup just runneth over. blink.gif

What will the diffrence be for billing? 2/3 bucks a gig?
BigJimW
Hey, I was thinking. I am still on the Profi billing plan because of the infamous Server 10 issue of last year and we all got upgrades to the next level up (ie - Advanced plan at the Profi price). I'd really hate to lose the upgrade benefit, but I also feel that I need more bandwith to accomidate my users. So would it be possible to bump up to the next level (Power) and set my billing up to the Advanced level? This will give me the bandwith that I need, give you guys more of my money ( wink.gif ) but still give me the compensation upgrade.

Is that possible to do?
Alec
Sing up with advanced or special plan and we'll upgrade your plan to power or gold accordingly. We'll stop your current profi agreement after it
BigJimW
QUOTE(Alec @ Mar 30 2004, 12:44 PM)
Sing up with advanced or special plan and we'll upgrade your plan to power or gold accordingly. We'll stop your current profi agreement after it

Sing up? You guys don't really want to hear me sing, do ya? laugh.gif

When the end of the month happens, I will certainly do so (change plans. Not sing) . Thanks guys. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here