Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantastico
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
zorella
ohmy.gif My son has a different account on Hostony and his CPanel now has Fantastico. We have the same type of account with you, so was wondering if I was getting this option also. It looks AWESOME!!!

Please say yes smile.gif
Laura
Stanly
We have Fantastico only at a few servers yet. It will be at all of our servers soon.
If you need it ASAP please tell me your domain name and I'll transfer it to one of the servers that have Fantastico.
zorella
That would be great if you could do that. My domain is angeljoy.com. My new business is going to use Moodle, so you can imagine I was delighted to see it on there. Will there be any add-ons to Moodle on Fantastico? If not, will it be possible to install them?

Thanks,
Laura
Stanly
Sorry, but transfer was not successful 'cause of some reason. I'm investigating now.
Also Fantastico will be installed to your server max. in 2-3 days, so I think it will not big problem to wait. Am I right? smile.gif
zorella
Sure, no problem. I will check it daily to see if it's up.
Thanks, alot.
Laura
Serge
I just want to correct Stanly.

Fantastico is not officially supported feature and is not installed on all servers. QWe are looking at around 10 April to have it on all servers by that day.
swift535
I was also told last week that it would be installed by now. Any ideas? I've been waiting for it... unsure.gif biggrin.gif
swift535
ttt
Stanly
Not yet biggrin.gif
Please be patient.
swift535
QUOTE(Serge @ Mar 31 2004, 06:14 AM)
I just want to correct Stanly.

Fantastico is not officially supported feature and is not installed on all servers. QWe are looking at around 10 April to have it on all servers by that day.

www.6thgenaccord.com still no fantastico, how much longer?
phobos
We will setup it ASAP.
MoJo
QUOTE(zorella @ Mar 27 2004, 11:39 AM)
ohmy.gif My son has a different account on Hostony and his CPanel now has Fantastico. It looks AWESOME!!!

It is awesome biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.
swift535
QUOTE(phobos @ Apr 12 2004, 12:49 AM)
We will setup it ASAP.

2 days later... still no cpanel. I've been waiting for it for a while, getting hard to be patient ph34r.gif seems how you said "ASAP" after i posted on the 11th and its now the 13th.
Stanly
You see we can't install it up on all servers until negotiations about licening licencing will not be finished.
As soon as it will be done it will be installed at all of the servers. We can't use it without permit of developers.
swift535
Sorry, i thought that perhaps people with domains who would actually utilize it would get priority, seems how I first requested it in March, and was told way back then that it would be setup within a few days. So is there a realistic date when you can have it setup? You said the 10th so I assumed I could hold you to that date

and yes, i'm frustrated dry.gif
Alexandre
Please go to the http://support.hostony.com and fill trouble ticket.
We'll try to find a good solution as fast as possible.
Thank you for patience.
swift535
i did, but you already forgot about it. Geez louis, when's it finally going to happen?
Alec
We've installed fantastico on server 10 and 16.
Now we are finishing installation on server 17. Will notify when it will be done.
nsnipes
is this still in process? im on server 17 and my site is still down. myclassiccar.com
artrocity
all this talk about fantastico...
I finally get it on my server and i don't see what the big deal is.

I've personally installed 3 or 4 of these 'scripts' on my and other servers
months ago...

I guess these are for the clicky pix crowd who just
want to point and shoot and never understand how these
things really work.

Seems to me hostony just multiplied their support ticket load
when these things don't work as expected.
Danimal
I absolutely, 100% agree with atrocity.
Niakie
I just recently got Fantastico installed on my server, I took a look at it last night and downloaded a couple scripts that I might use based on what was said about them, but would prefer to install them myself... I just don't get the hype over it?
Alec
artrocity and the other:
I understand you and you may not use fantastico.
As for me I should like to install something manually but not with auto installation scripts.
But this option is very usable for newbies.
Finally, i can say now that fantastico is installed on all our servers smile.gif
artrocity
QUOTE(Alec @ Apr 16 2004, 08:02 PM)
artrocity and the other:
I understand you and you may not use fantastico.
As for me I should like to install something manually but not with auto installation scripts.
But this option is very usable for newbies.
Finally, i can say now that fantastico is installed on all our servers smile.gif

Sure a "newbie" can install a whole content management system with just a couple clicks now. Great !

What happens when something goes wrong?
Like when a security hole is found . Who's gonna patch it?

How does a newbie go about customizing a script
when they know nothing about it?

Now that fantastico is part of the "package",
people are gonna expect support for all of those scripts.
Why this doesnt work right in script x and how do i get script y do do that...?
Does hostony have the staff and knowledge to support all these scripts?

Believe me , I appreciate everything that hostony has done for their customers.
And you have the most attentive support staff i've every had the pleasure to do buisness with.
I'd hate to lose that level of support to satisfy the clicky pix'ers.

I believe that if you don't know something you have two options
1) Learn how to do it
2) Pay someone else to do it.

I dont know anything about cars. When somthing breaks i bring it to a mechanic.
I dont ask FORD to put an "change my oil button" on my car.

If i dont have the money to pay the mechanic
I dont go to the dealer and bitch that my car's heat only works in the summer.
i goto the library and get a fixit yourself book and do the best i can.

There is so much information on the web on how to install these scripts,
user forums that the actual developer can reply to your concerns.

By doing it yourself you gain valuable knowledge on how these things work
and are able to customize your site so it doesn't look every other blog/nuke site.

Sorry for the rant but ...
All the info you need is readily available on the net .
Do your research. Make some mistakes.
You'll be better off in the long run.
swift535
or maybe i have better things to do than look into this shit. If its a hobby of yours, great. I just want my site to run. If you don't know how to change your oil, then you're a newb. That's ok, I'm a newb with internet shit. Ironically, my website is a car forum laugh.gif . All this "bitching" is because Hostony might have great support for people like you, who know about website stuff. But if everyone was like you there wouldn't be a need for support at all.

All I'm expecting Hostony to do is provide a service that they offered to me. Would you be pissed if your mechanic billed you for changing your oil and never did it? Hostony can't even keep my site online... I constantly get search engine results instead of my homepage, and "critical database errors". There was a time when people actually worked for money.

I'm not going to put a lot of effort into this shit just so I can run phpnuke (which is a "clicky" featured on fantastico). I offered to pay hostony to do it 3 weeks ago, they said they would install Fantastico instead, I said fine. The bitching is a result of their repeated lack of accountability. When they say they will do something it doesn't mean shit.

FYI - Fantastico isn't working. I click on the icon and nothing happens.

oh, and sorry for the rant
Alec
I've checked fantastico again and it is working for me. Can somebody else on server 17 check it?
Danimal
QUOTE(artrocity @ Apr 17 2004, 01:43 AM)
I dont know anything about cars. When somthing breaks i bring it to a mechanic.
I dont ask FORD to put an "change my oil button" on my car.

You own a FORD?! tongue.gif

Just kidding, once again I agree. This is going to cause headaches for the support staff which will in turn cause problems with the rest of us who will have to wait while the support staff helps the ones who are using these scripts.

Everyone's new to things at first. You'll always be a "newbie" as long as you don't try to learn.
swift535
trouble ticket that i opened March 25th

I'm in over my head, which is sad, but can you please install the latest version of PHP-Nuke for me on my homepage (and remove the redirect on index.html)? You guys need fantastico in you cpanel like other providers-- that's my only complaint about your webhosting. If you choose to charge me for this, i agree to any charge up to $5, if it will be more than that then please email me before you install. Thanks

User/Staff Follow-ups
Cody Wilder
25-3-2004-02:32

EDIT Also, please only do this if its possible to use it in coordination with my existing phpbb forums, without having to lose any of my forum files. There's lots of info on my forums that I need to preserve, thanks.
Gleb Voronich
25-3-2004-02:57

I can only install it to some subfolder, 'cause there is a forum in the root of your account. I can't remove index.php page or replace it 'cause it that case forum will not work more.

So what should I do for you?

-------------
Best regards,
Gleb Voronich
Hostony Support Team
Cody Wilder
25-3-2004-5:25

EDIT if its installed in a subfolder or a subdomain (such as home.6thgenaccord.com) i'm assuming it would be able to work with my existing forums (simply by linking to them)?
Alexander Brykulya
25-3-2004-9:40

If you want to have Fantastico installed we can do it but we'll have to move your account to another server. Do you agree?

About PHP-Nuke - it must be working.

-------------
Best regards
Alexander Brykulya
Hostony Support Team
Cody Wilder
26-3-2004-12:27

EDIT what about php-nuke?

yeah its fine if you move me to a different server, actually I need to address site downtime today as well but I'll open a new ticket for that. As long as I won't lose any information (forums), please move me to a server with fantastico
Ivan
26-3-2004-3:11

Where can be mistiming between two sites on you current and a new servers during IP change. Some cilent can go to old server while most of them go to a new one for a short period. Should we transfer?

-------------
Best regards, Ivan Vaskevitch
---
It's God. No, not Richard Stallman or Linus Torwalds but God.
Cody Wilder
28-3-2004-9:57

EDIT Sorry, I didn't quite understand that
Igor Podpalchenko
28-3-2004-10:30

We will setup fantastico at next week on all our servers, so if you wait shortly
you will have fantastico without any data lose and without any fee.
Enjoy.

The way I was raised, if you say you're going to do something then you get it done. I've become frustrated because on March 28th Hostony said they would install Fantastico free of charge. Today is April 17th.
jchrastina
I don't see fantastico in my cPanel on server10.
Do I have to drill down to find it?
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket and notify your username and password for cpanel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here