Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lame Nameservers
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
CCCVancouver
I have found multiple issue's with the two nameservers my domain t-ro.com uses.

1 - 209.152.170.32 returns no NS records

2 - the lame server 209.152.170.32 does not answer authoritatively for my domain.

Then there is just some things i would advize you to change in your SOA settings

The SOA refresh interval is set at 28800. This is quiet high. you should consider lowering it to around 3600-7200 seconds.

Same goes for SOA Expire time is 360000 seconds. also quiet high
1209600 to 2419200 seconds (2 to 4 weeks) is a good #

Going onto MX records - there is only 1 if your primary mail - server goes down we are pretty much in the dark.(trouble with the mail reaching us)

None of your mail servers seem to have reverse DNS (PTR) entries (I didn't get any responses for them). - Alot of mailservers will not accept mail from servers with no reverse DNS entry.

That is all
I really enjoy Hostony I hope the servers are back up and running smoothly soon:)

Good Luck

Sincerely
Rafael
Vanya
Should be ok now.
CCCVancouver
Reverse DNS entries for MX records is still not working

And your difference in TTL between your authoritative DNS servers and Parents DNS servers do not match. This can cause serious problems.
For example, if the parent servers have a 172800 second TTL (48 hours), and your authoritative DNS servers report a TTL of 3600 seconds (1 hour), you are saying that the parent DNS servers do not have the correct information. But, after 1 hour your DNS records may time out. At that point a DNS resolver will need to get fresh NS records. This can cause a serious problem in some cases.
Stanly
Please have a look at this:
http://dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=209.152.170.32

Answer:
209.152.170.32 PTR record: 602671.servernode.net. [TTL 259200s] [A=209.152.170.32]

Reverse DNS record is ok.
CCCVancouver
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=t-ro.com

FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: None of your mail server(s) seem to have reverse DNS (PTR) entries (I didn't get any responses for them). RFC1912 2.1 says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here