Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DNS Names
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ppc
I have signed up for hosting plan, is it possible to know DNS Server Names, so that I can forward my existing domain to my hosting plan.
Alexandre
Tell me please what is your main domain name?
ppc
www.ppcfinds.com and I want to add one more domain
Alexandre
For ppcfinds.com we'll send you account info where you'll find DNS names.
and I if you want to add one more domain you need to follow by this link:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=137
ppc
there is as such no info, I have one domain registered through godaddy and I want forward it, I don't want to buy one more domain, I want to forward my existing domain.

I don't want to transfer or buy new domain

I want to forward my existing domain thorugh DNS for hosting
ppc
Thanks I got DNS Names, I know it was easy but untill you don't know the names of server you can't mention them, yes I got them on welcome email but I was confused those are for main domain or for addon domain.

Anyway Thanks, I got help

Appreciate your quick support.

Thanks
filko
This is easy sorted.

Try logging to your godaddy account and you can probably setup DNS forwarding there, its a standard thing so you should be able to do it ok.

it will look someting like this

Forward this domain to : [ ] then enter ip of hosting or other web address you want to forward to.

Go check your godaddy account.

hope this helps

Filko
will
QUOTE(ppc @ Mar 24 2004, 08:33 AM)
I am not getting satisfactory reply, is it possible to forward domain or not

Sheesh! 30 minutes! give them a bit of time!!!

They have already responded to your question - DNS servers will be in the welcome email that you receive with all the other important information. Nobody can give you information until your account has been set up, as each customer could be possibly using different nameservers.

If you expect lightning fast support - why not use the proper & official methods of raising a support call - aka a trouble ticket (http://support.hostony.com). Or there is always icq instant support.

I'm not an employee, just a believer in a fair go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here