Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL backups
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
opacity
Are our MySQL database being backed up?

How are they being done?

How often are they being done?

Can I get copies of the backup in my website directory?
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket and notify your domain name and database names need to be backed up
opacity
Alec,

Your response indicates that the database are not regularly backed up. Is this correct?

Is anything regularly backed up?

I am not so concerned about website content as I will always have copies of my and my client's website files. I can't keep copies of their databases though so regular backups are essential, perferrably done such that I can get copies of the backups onto my PC periodically.
Vanya
Your response indicates that the database are not regularly backed up. Is this correct?

No, it is not correct.
All databases are backed up once a week with all of files of your account.
Also there is _system_ subdirectory at your account's directory. There are backup files located.

If you need to do a backup of any of your databases you can use Cron for this (you can find this feature at your Control Panel).
Just create a new task with the following command (for example):

mysqldump database_name > file_for_backup.sql

That's all.
Then you can download file_for_backup.sql to your local PC.
opacity
Thanks Vanya, thats a relief!!!

I am running on the Windows platform. This "cron" thing sounds like Unix-speak. blink.gif

Is the windows task scheduler the same thing? Can I set up the job through Helm?
Stanly
Yes, it is Linux feature.
There is no such kind of features at Windows based control panel but I can set up a sheduler for you.

Just tell me database name that must be backed up and your main domain name.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here