Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Equipment move.
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
Serge
Internap’s facility has experienced tremendous growth over recent months, which has resulted in less available space for their to grow into. They decided to reorganize their space and free some space before their new expansion area will be ready.

The move will give us ability to continue grow and further develop our service as well as will allow us to better manage our servers in the facility.

We are sure that your first question will be: “how this will affect me - the customer?” The move date is set for Wednesday, March 24th starting at 11:45 p.m. EST.

It affects all our virtual dedicated, dedicated customers and shared hosting customers located on servers 10, 16, and 17.

We expect the equipment move to take two to four hours so your downtime should be limited to that time frame.

Also, once this transition is completed, we are excited to announce a new set of shared hosting plans and a few weeks after a set of new reseller plans and a brand new line of dedicated servers. Details will be coming as soon as the move is complete.

Thank you for your continued patronage and understanding during this pivotal time of transition. We look forward to serving you even better. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at the following email address: moves@hostony.com
jchrastina
Three days warning???

Sheesh.

Gee, thanks..
g0dswilll
3 days warning is a good thing.
compare it to 0 days warning wich is often the case in this industry.
Vanya
The move will begin very soon.
jchrastina
Whoa!!! I thought you said 1145 PM EST. Right now it's only 3:30 in the afternoon!!!!!!!

Please don't shut down server10 until near midnight EST!!!

Thanks.

JimC
Stanly
Sorry, this is a planned movement so it can't be canceled.
jgalt1
What happend to 11:45PM EST ????
jchrastina
Stanly,
I know it's a PLANNED movement ...

So stick to the plan you announced
You announced 11:45 PM EST. NIGHT TIME. That's okay.
Serge
Yes we actually started at 00.20 am to powerdown server and it took about 1.5 hours behind a schedule to complete the move and check out equipment. Now we are at the final stage of powering up teh servers. Virtual dedicated will take a bit longer than dedicated because they have more complex architecture.
wizoz
I find it unacceptable to have to find out these things via a forum.
Serge
Sorry, Our email worked all the time during the move even when our main server was down and e answwered it.
LP_
(Cue ominous music)

It's 7:30 EST. Do I know where my web site is?

Nope.

I can't even reach a working DNS for it anymore, even when specifying a couple of hostony's DNS for the lookup. server17.fastbighost.com resolves to an IP but doesn't seem to be a cPanel on it.. O web site, where art thou?
Phil007
mad.gif

Yes the same for me.

I don't find that pretty honest not to have advertise the problem at each client personnally.

Especially if www.hostony.com was also unreachable.

We must have trust on the webhosting company and not to be obliged to look at the forum to see if there are or there will be problems.

They speak of 1.5 hour of down but we my site is already down during 7 hours long.

The problem is that now I begin to loose money.

So I really don't know if I will not go to some better sky.

Philippe
jchrastina
It's 7:55 am EST and all of my sites on server10 are working fine.
Maybe Philippe has some other problem?

By the way, /home drive on server10 is at 91% - WAY too high!
LP_
Well, they're back up. Did someone forget to plug in a cable and went to check back when we posted here? laugh.gif

Btw server17.fastbighost.com resolves to a different IP than the actual web sites on it, is that normal?
Phil007
Maybe it's another problem but for me it begin to be enough.

I wake up this morning on 7' o'clock and here it's now 14:04 o'clock and since this morning no sites, no mail. nothing.

I had try to go to www.hostony.com and also down. So I was thinking that the company was also down.
That's why I have said they should have send an email at everybody or at least a page explaining the problems.

But it's about everyday that the sites are down often not for a long time but it's still down.

I can't work because I work with my emails and as I don't have any mails anymore I am just waiting that everything comes back

Philippe
CCCVancouver
This also happen to me
Ping requests all timed out for hours

Working now though
Serge
Yes it is ok for server17. Ip still point to server17.

Philippe

If your site still is not up for you please submitt a trouble ticket and we'll check it for you.

As for the moment all dedicated servers, shared hosting servers and virtual dedicated servers are up.
Phil007
Yes that's what I have made.

The ticket is made and I wait for a quick solution.

The site is one thing and the mails are another thing and now I am in big trouble because I don't have any mails.

Philippe
Alec
Phil007:

After equipment move old ip addresses 64.74.*.* are inactive now
So to back up your sites you need to change ip addresses of name servers.
Check you email - we sent you info about it 2 weeks ago
Phil007
Yes the change are made

immediately after I have receive the email.

As it has been 2 weeks that the changes are made so it should be ok now.

Now the control panel and the webhostmanager works with the new number but still no sites and no mails.

Philippe
jchrastina
I checked again at 1130 EST and found the SAME problem Philippe reported! All of my sites on server10 were DEAD. Email was DEAD. Hostony.com was DEAD, forum.hostony.com was DEAD.

I started calling all of my clients to apologize and explain (?) the disruption.

When one of them said it looked okay to them, I checked again. At 1145 EST everything seems to be working again. ?????

Hostony ... Serge ...Alec ... I think we deserve an explanation as to what happened this morning. ph34r.gif
Serge
Somebody on the Internap have capped their pipes and for all who went throug internap as backbone there were packet loss (1 of 40 packets went through).
It happned not just for us but for all hjosts using internap nationwide.

Right now they resolved it.
Phil007
On my side I think I have found the problem.

I have about 10 domain names and I have my own DNS name.

I have a registrar that only ask the DNS name.

So I didn't have to make any change because it was the name and my name doesn't change. It was only the numbers that changed.

On another registrar in the DNS configuration I have to put the name and optionnally the dns numbers.

There I have keep the name and change the dns number.

So the problem is that my own dns name is always directing to the old numbers.

Hostony should direct my own dns name to the new numbers and everything will be ok.

Philippe
jchrastina
Thank you, Serge.
Vanya
Phil007
You should open a ticket on this. We'll fix this.
Bullwinkle
I can no longer find my cpanel due to your "move". Seems I have a lot of work to do fixing websites due to the sloppy changeover. My sites fall under the general aegis of histpres-technology.net and are:

mcchdo.org
timescapeconsulting.com
lincoln-kyhistory.org

What is the new url that I need to use to get to the cpanel? It sure does not come up under the old 64.74.112.74:2082 , nor does it resolve under histpres-technology.net:2082

I realize that it is a trick to do these things and make backups from Romania, but we sure would appreciate notice so that we can when you have problems for whatever reason. Contrary to your claim in another post, I did not receive this time or any other time notice of problems or travesties. And speaking of problems, combing through my own posts and those of others, we have had lots of them. Am I too getting an upgrade for the problems of the last year? Seeing as I am near renewal, will this apply to the new period?
Phil007
For the control panel you have to change the number 64..... by the new number and it works fine

Philippe
Vanya
http://histpres-technology.net:2082 should work

or you can use http://209.152.180.21:2082
yky
QUOTE(wizoz @ Mar 25 2004, 10:45 AM)
I find it unacceptable to have to find out these things via a forum.

I totally agree with you. I only got to know abt this prob this morning, when i tried to access my site with no luck. People on the AIM are good in explaining things and solving them, but it would have been much better if support team would've send an email to all the customers which are on these servers. I ussually make a visit to these forum in every couple of days, and i knew nothing untill i've contacted the support. I think hostony should have a mailing lists for each of the servers so people can join them and receive news regarding their server. That would be my solution to this problem.

p.s. btw my site's are down which is on server16, i've spoken to the support team and they are working on this problem.
intelvi
A very big hickup today..server down..server up..server down..server up and yet again down... blink.gif
I hope that the Hostony-Team offers a round of good Vodka for ourselves ! ph34r.gif
yky
my sites are up, lets hope they stay this way cool.gif
artrocity
QUOTE(yky @ Mar 25 2004, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE(wizoz @ Mar 25 2004, 10:45 AM)

p.s. btw my site's are down which is on server16, i've spoken to the support team and they are working on this problem.

Same here. Server16 has been down for a least an hour and a half that i know about.

Any idea on WHY ?
artrocity
Some weird routing going on here too.

Node Net Reg IP Address Location Node Name
1 - (clip)

5 4 1 68.100.0.145 WASHINGTON D.C. ip68-100-0-145.dc.dc.cox.net
6 5 - 68.1.1.6 Unknown
7 6 1 68.1.1.19 Newport News ashbbbpc01pos0100.r2.as.cox.net
8 7 - 68.105.30.70 Atlanta
9 8 2 64.200.89.93 38.983N, 77.378W hrndva1wcx3-pos12-0.wcg.net
10 9 2 64.200.210.57 Atlanta drvlga1wcx2-pos.wcg.net
11 10 2 64.200.127.206 Atlanta atlnga1wcx1-pos6-1.wcg.net
12 11 2 64.200.231.50 Atlanta atlnga1wcx1-adelphia-gige.wcg.net
13 12 3 24.56.97.21 Atlanta g-2-1.c0-atln.telcove.net
14 12 3 24.56.97.98 Orlando p03-0-1-0.a0-orld.telcove.net
15 13 - 64.31.173.22 Unknown
16 14 4 66.35.174.25 Atlanta pos1-0.atlngapk24w.cr.deltacom.net
17 15 5 157.130.74.97 Atlanta 500.pos3-1.gw6.atl1.alter.net
18 16 5 152.63.82.146 Atlanta 125.at-2-2-0.xr2.atl1.alter.net
19 16 5 152.63.86.101 Atlanta 0.so-1-0-0.xl2.atl1.alter.net
20 16 5 152.63.87.9 Atlanta 0.so-5-0-0.cl2.atl3.alter.net
21 16 5 152.63.81.61 Atlanta 253.atm7-0.gw4.atl3.alter.net
22 17 5 63.122.231.198 Atlanta internap-gw.customer.alter.net
23 18 6 64.94.0.71 Atlanta border3.ge3-0-bbnet2.acs.pnap.net
24 19 6 64.94.6.78 Atlanta itc-1.border3.acs.pnap.net
25 20 7 216.154.207.61 34.050N, 84.067W suwc5.gig4-3.edeltacom.com
26 21 7 216.154.207.122 34.050N, 84.067W suw0n.gig4-3-6.edeltacom.com
27 22 - 66.0.192.252 33.678N, 85.933W
28 23 8 209.152.170.32 New York 602671.servernode.net
yky
my site's are down again for half an hour now. This was the last messg from support regarding this problem "We now have a heating issue with racks provided by internap. They are fixing them now" sad.gif
yky
seems like my site are all back on again ph34r.gif
CCCVancouver
Mine to
Stanly
All servers are up and working correctly at the moment.
beestung
QUOTE(Serge @ Mar 25 2004, 03:43 PM)
Somebody on the Internap have capped their pipes and for all who went throug internap as backbone there were packet loss (1 of 40 packets went through).
It happned not just for us but for all hjosts using internap nationwide.

Right now they resolved it.

Bull crap. We use Internap at my place of business for connectivity and had NO problems at all.

So, how the heck am I supposed to know which server I'm on? I handle my own DNS, so if you guys went and changed the server IPs, I need to change my DNS to point to the right one. The old IP was 209.152.178.152, which doesn't respond right now. What's the new one? Or will it stay the same?
Stanly
Server IP: 67.15.24.22
Server Name: the same (server18)
artrocity
almost 24hrs after the move and the server16 is still shaky

apache (1.3.29 (Unix)) failed
bind (9.2.1) failed
cppop up
cpsrvd up
exim (exim-4.24-30_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2) up
exim-26 failed
eximstats up
ftpd failed
imap up
mysql (4.0.18-standard) up
syslogd up
Server Load 2.44 (2 cpus)
Memory Used 25.8 %
Swap 1 %
Disk hda2 (/) 39 %
Disk hda1 (/boot) 54 %
Disk hdc1 (/home) 55 %
Disk hda7 (/tmp) 10 %
Disk hda6 (/usr) 81 %
Disk hda5 (/var) 88 %
Disk hda8 (/backup) 35 %
Stanly
artrocity
Server 16 and server 17 just were moved to the new racks about 5-10 minutes ago 'cause there were some issues with cooling systems.
You must be looking at server 16 in the period of moving.
Please have a look again now.
artrocity
Moved again...Well that explains it.

Canonical Hostname server16.fastbighost.com
Listening IP 209.152.170.32
Kernel Version 2.6.3smp (SMP)
Uptime 15 minutes
Current Users 1
Load Averages 1.09 1.40 1.08
figgy
I can't access my email. I get a message.
"The specified server could not be found."
My email addresses are
robert@houghtalingsculpture.com
and
prince@frogart.com
You can't send me an answer since the email doesn't work. I'll try to check the forum or maybe use webmail.
Tried web mail. It crashes my browser.

Robert Houghtaling Sculpture and Design
http://www.houghtalingsculpture.com
The Figgy Mountain Frogery
http://www.frogart.com
N. Veryha
[confused]my domain was set up for ns7, and ns2 at hostony.com, and I never changed them. They were working great until yesterday I believe, and now it's down, so I went to the support desk, and I was told that NS7 no longer exists...

SO, I go to DNS report, and there, it says I'm still under NS7 and NS2, but it was working, and a little further down, it says that I am using NS17, and NS18 at hostony.net.

Scroll down a bit, and it says I'm using server22.fastbighost.com...[/confused]

What to do? I'll continue communicating through support desk, but just wanted to make sure I'm still legally sane wink.gif
cjbyron
Well I have no idea as to what's been going on until I get customer calling up complaining left and right. I can't connect to any of the numerous doamins being hosted nor access the server to add a new account.

Why can't Hostony's paying customers be notified of major outges or changes?

I still have no access or available hosting service as of Thursday 11:30PM Seattle time. mad.gif

Cj
Seattle, WA
OHBTEAM
pel
Hi Serge and gang,

My emails are crawling in (ofter taking tea breaks in between) for about 24 hours already. Not quite down, but really very S.......L..........O.............W. Is server 16 still alive?

sad.gif
Alec
N. Veryha: your domain works now

cjbyron: Please respond my email and provide me with needful info to fix your problems
Alec
pel: the server is ok now. Please traceroute it ans send us result
Phil007
Hello

I need help

all my sites are still unavalaible.

The support technique say always you have to shange the ip adresse.

Everything was made on time.

My registrar is namebargain.com and there I can only put the name and the IP adress is not accepted.

As I have my own name of DNS I ddn't to make any change because it's always the same name.

I am locked.

Please help help

It's already the four or fith answer saying you have to change the ipadress.

I can only change the name and the name is still the same so it must be hostony that must do something so that my own name point to the good server.

So now we turn around and around

Philippe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here