Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions before hosting
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
1. As I understood reading previous posts additional domains content is placed into sub-folder of main domain. Is it possible to have separate root for every domain?

If it is not possible, is it possible to have null main domain (domain that really does not exist, does not have domain name and only have directory) and register all other domains as addons to it.

2. Is it possible to pay with WebMoney (http://www.webmoney.ru, in russian)? How long does take payment?

3. Is it possible to have anonymous ftp on Windows?

4. Will I have access to raw logs? Do you archive logs and how often?

5. Do you have/plan MS SQL Server?

6. Is it possible to install custom ActiveX components? Install .Net assemblies into GAC?

Sincerely yours,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Serge
1. As I understood reading previous posts additional domains content is placed into sub-folder of main domain. Is it possible to have separate root for every domain?

Yes resellers can creates domains with separate root folders.

If it is not possible, is it possible to have null main domain (domain that really does not exist, does not have domain name and only have directory) and register all other domains as addons to it.

yes it is possible.

2. Is it possible to pay with WebMoney (http://www.webmoney.ru, in russian)? How long does take payment?

Yes you can pay to Z561468917815

3. Is it possible to have anonymous ftp on Windows?
Yes it is possible.

4. Will I have access to raw logs? Do you archive logs and how often?
Yes you can access your raw logs. Logs are rotated daily

5. We have only MySQL

6. It is possible only on dedicated servers.
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Is it possible to have null domain on Special account (not reseller)? How should I register it?

It is not possible to register custom ActiveX but I can have custom .Net assemblies (not in GAC). Is it true?

>Logs are rotated daily
What is rotated - archived or just deleted?

Do you have trial period?

Sincerely yours,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Serge
Is it possible to have null domain on Special account (not reseller)? How should I register it?

Just put something like mydomain in order form

It is not possible to register custom ActiveX but I can have custom .Net assemblies (not in GAC). Is it true?
It is not possible on shared horing servers. You can do it if you get dedicated server from us.

>Logs are rotated daily
What is rotated - archived or just deleted?

Archieved

Do you have trial period?
We have 30 day money back guarantee.
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
If it is not possible to have custom .Net assemblies what does ASP.Net mean? Can I reference source files (.cs, .vb, .js)?

What are restrictions for @Assembly directive and on web.config file (I hope that I can separate web.config for every domain)? Is application private bin directory exists (for ASP.Net)?

Can I use custom ASP.Net controls if they are available with source? And without source (as assemblies placed under my account directory)?

You allow CGI (on IIS CGI means an .exe that takes server variables from environment and sends output to stdout) or does CGI means something else here? Do you allow ISAPI extensions?

I do not need to execute any hidden code, just want to be able to execute some code that may be not possible to do with script. For example, compact Access database, archivate it into .zip or .cab.

>We have 30 day money back guarantee.
Can you send money back (if I will decide to quit hosting) to my WebMoney account?

Sincerely yours,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Serge
If it is not possible to have custom .Net assemblies what does ASP.Net mean? Can I reference source files (.cs, .vb, .js)?
Yes, you can.

What are restrictions for @Assembly directive and on web.config file (I hope that I can separate web.config for every domain)? Is application private bin directory exists (for ASP.Net)?

You can have web.config for each your domain.

Can I use custom ASP.Net controls if they are available with source? And without source (as assemblies placed under my account directory)?

We may consider installing them though there is no warantee that we'll do it.

You allow CGI (on IIS CGI means an .exe that takes server variables from environment and sends output to stdout) or does CGI means something else here? Do you allow ISAPI extensions?
ISAPI extentions are not allowed. We have support for CGI scripts ,particulary for perl and php scripts.

I do not need to execute any hidden code, just want to be able to execute some code that may be not possible to do with script. For example, compact Access database, archivate it into .zip or .cab.
The problem is not a hidden code we try to avoid untested code that potentially can overload or crash the server.

>We have 30 day money back guarantee.
Can you send money back (if I will decide to quit hosting) to my WebMoney account?

Yes
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
And some last questions.

Do you have OLEDB provider for MySQL (one is available on MySQL site) installed or other way to access MySQL from ASP (ADO) - ASP.Net (ADO.Net)?

Are PHP extensions installed? Can I run phpBB and phpMyAdmin on Windows Special plan?

Are cron analog available on Windows Special plan (TaskScheduler or something else)?

>we try to avoid untested code that potentially can overload or crash the server

It is possible with simple ASP/ASP.Net page.

Thank you for answers,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Is your control panel CPanel (on Windows)? Can I create subdomain that points to directory by my choice, for example:

subdomain.mydomain.com

that points to /myrootdir/mysubdir/anything/

Sincerely yours,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
Serge
Yes MysQL can be accessed from asp and OLE component is installed.

You can run phpBB as long as your forums are not too busy because phph on windows servers is installed as CGI and uses alot more resources than on linux. So the solution in case of the busy forums is to move them on the linux server.

We can add your tasks to the scheduler per your request

We use HELM for windows hosting and you can create subdomains as you stated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here