Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Database RollBack
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
Red Blaze
Ok, here's the scoop. I did nothing to the database since 2 weeks ago. The database seems to be rolling back for some reason. I used a vbulletin message board. But weird thing is, in the shout box in my site I use Database files in PHP, so it has nothing to do with MySQL, and that has also rolled back alittle to the past. Is something going on over there? Or is it in a problem in my side?
Alec
please tell me your domain name and I'll look for later database
Red Blaze
http://www.thesonicjoint.com/home

The shoutbox for the site is on the Extras table. That is driven by PHP database files.

http://www.thesonicjoint.com/home/forum

Whatever is in this directory and beyond is driven by MySQL database
Alec
Apparently your databases were rolled back during an account transfer. I've dumped all you databases in file thesonic_dump.zip and placed it in your private folder on the server 67.15.24.22. Keep in mind that this ip address is current address of your site.
Red Blaze
So should I run the zip on MySQL or something? What should I do with the zip?

EDIT: Ok, I found out the problem, I changed the DNS to the one that works with server 20 (which is where my site was transfered according to the tickect). Since I fixed that, I can't go into the old Cpanel where my old site is at, thus can't get to the ZIP you told me about. Can you please put the zip on the server I'm on now?
Alec
I've placed zip on the new server. It contains sql files
Red Blaze
The zip files aren't in the new server. You did place them in the private folder, didn't you?
Alexandre
Yes we did it.
Red Blaze
backup-1.14.2004_22-10-03_thesonic.tar.gz

that's the only file I have on my private folder. =/
Red Blaze
Ok, dunno if it's still a DNS problem but I keep getting Database Rollback. This time weeks into the past. Please tell me this is going to be fixed somehow because I'm tired of post and threads disappearing and reappearing. -____-;

And again, I DO NOT see the zip you guys are talking about anymore. It's not there.
Stanly
backup-1.14.2004_22-10-03_thesonic.tar.gz - it is this file.
You see TAR is Linux archiver, like ZIP at Windows.
Red Blaze
Ooh, oops, sorry I didn't understand.

Ok, so I got it saved on my PC, do I upload it in "Restore Home Backup?"? Or how does it work. Ok, this time I feel like I'm bugging. sad.gif
Red Blaze
wait I noticed something... I looked at what the zip had in my current server.... it's not the one you have made for me to restore. Infact, it's the old one. It's way old. I made that back up along time ago. Also, I've noticed 2 of my videos were gone. sad.gif

EDIT: Also, this happend more than a few times. A user sees something I don't, he has a different date, while I have a different date. As if one of us is in the past. Also, he told me he was online the forums, but I couldn't see he was online, nor could he see me online. We were like in two seperate databases... this is my fault... I shouldn't of complained so much about my site to make you decide to move my account to a different server...
Alexandre
You can upload it into your public_html directory. wink.gif
Alexandre
I have fixed that difference. It was a DNS problem.
All must be working now. You can check it by the following link:
http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=t...oint.com&type=A
Sorry for inconveniences.
Red Blaze
Damn it! I'm getting quite upset and irritated! I made alot of modifications and then there was another roll Back! You said it was fixed. Why doesn't this get fixed? >__<
Stanly
What exactly?
Red Blaze
what do you mean what exactly? The database keeps going back in time! Why does it keep doig that?! I made alot of modifications on the database and everything just went back in time! mad.gif
Stanly
We're already working with this issue.
As soon as we will get the results I'll inform you.
Red Blaze
So I lost that information didn't I? -__-;

*sigh* I REALLY didn't like this. So much work lost, thank you. >_>
Stanly
No, I dont think so. It is just MySQL system time issue.
Red Blaze
Heck, I just noticed even the server went back. It has the old vbulletin software reverted. I had the final version of Vbulletin... heck the entire server went back itself. I lost the updated Vbulletin 3 files and images. >__<

I'll take your word for it, and hope that all isn't lost.
Red Blaze
I think the two servers are still getting mixed! The old server is sometimes viewed, (the one "Alec" is registered in), and sometimes to the new server (One in which Alec isn't registered in.) The one I want to keep is the one Alec isn't registered in. (Alec works with you guys btw). Please get the servers to stop getting mixed. I beg you. :'(
Stanly
The old server can't be viewed 'cause both name servers are pointing your domain name to the new server.
You see it here. Just press F5 few times to refresh.
Red Blaze
*sigh* I seriously don't understand then, WHY is it viewing the other server? This is really getting on my nerves. I'm sorry, but I'm really considering moving somewhere else... personally I don't know if you care or not, but... I don't know what else to do really...
Red Blaze
Thank you Alec for saving me from making a terrible decision of changing hosts. I don't know how to thank you enough. He found out what the problem was, and I was right. Sometimes, the IP was directed to the old server.

Thank you again Alec, you help me decide to stay with Hostony. smile.gif
I <3 Hostony. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here