Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Domain Name
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Zaiki
I assumed since it was mentioned in the special package that I would recieve a free domain name, that it would occur automatically. However, it states in the e-mail I just recieved that I should edit my DNS information to reflect that of the hostony servers. How am I to do this if I don't own the domain yet?

I would like my domain in which I asked for, registered, lawn-gnome.net.

Thanks. smile.gif
flamesrock
It takes time to propogate. In other words, you own your domain, but it can't be accessed directly, because the population of the internet hasn't been informed of its existance...yet

When they refer to 'addon' domains, that basically means they will host the files appearing under the name, but not the domain name itself. Reason being because its usually cheaper to host names with companies that specialize in that, while hosting on seperate nameservers, such as hostony. You can get extra domains as cheap as 7$ american a month, depending on the extension, and set their 'nameservers' to hostony.

Anyways, I can't speak for the people at hostony.

Hope I made sense.
Zaiki
I of course understand it takes time, but I am just concerned that I have to request the domain, and I'm doing so now.
Zaiki
Okay, guys, I see it's registered now to Hostony at whois.net, thanks everyone.
Alexandre
When you want to register an domain with us we register it and change DNS for this domain name. You needn't to do it.
Best regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here