Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domain name payment link
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Serge
Many customers are interested in registering a domain name through us.

Below is a payment link for the domain name.

http://hostony.com/pay/domainname.html

If you want us to register a domain name through us, please use a link above to make a payment and don't forget to email our support at support@hostony.com with the domain name you want to be registered.

If you want to prepay for domain for 2 years you can use the following link:

http://hostony.com/pay/dn2.html
Serge
To avoid confusion I must say that we cannot register any domain at the price $14.85/year.

At $14.85/year we can register following TLDs for you:

.com
.net
.org
.biz
.info
.us

Minimum registration period is 1 year. Maximum period you can prepay for is 10 years.

.ca domains are $22.85/year
.ws domains are $29.85/year
.name domains are $28.85/year

$48.85/year are:

.cn
.com.cn
.net.cn
.org.cn

.bz domains are $33.85/year
.cc domains are $39.85/year
.tv domains are $49.85/year

.nu domains are $48.85/ for 2 years

.tm domains are $200 for 10 years

Prices for renewal are the same. If you need to purchase some domains that have other pricing than $14.85 please contact our support for the payment link.
rjr
How about transferring a domain from another web-hosting company?
Serge
The prices for the transfer are the same as for domain name registration.
rjr
I've never done a transfer. Would the domain get transferred to your name servers transparently after my payment or are there some additional steps required?
Serge
All you'll have to do is just to confirm the transfer. After domain transfer it will look on old nameservers for about 3 days. This time is enough to make chnage of nameservers. We can do it for you.
Nany
QUOTE(Serge @ Jul 6 2003, 03:44 PM)

I have a domain already registered, and hosted with another company. If I want to host my site with Hostony, can you give me the DNS server names, so I can do all by myself without any extra fees?

P.S.: Sorry if my English is not very good. tongue.gif
Alec
Sign up with hosting package and you'll get account information with all needful information.
We can't say you exact names of the name servers because we need to know where you domain is hosted.
We have many servers and there are different name servers set for every one of them.
bluez

I am confused here.

If I go and purchase ten domain names somewhere else and want to then have them hosted by you, there is a cost other than the hosting cost?

Also - under the 10 domain plan, each would have its own URL, as in
www.site1.com
www.site2.com
www.site3.com
and so on?
Vanya
You can host your sites with us but have other domain registrar.

Yes, each domain would have own URL.
darcyelliott
I have just tried using the help system 3 times to get the other payment link to add to a domain payment for a .ca domain..... each time the chat was terminated.....is there any way I can get you to post the link here.

Thanks
Darcy Elliott
Alec
You can contact us through support@hostony.com and perldesk.
Ricardo
How can I register a new domain name (.com) for 2 years??
Serge
If you want to prepay for domain for 2 years you can use the following link:

http://hostony.com/pay/dn2.html
dingfelder
is there a benifit to registering a domain with you for $14 vs with another provider (such as godaddy for $8) ? (i.e. do you provide some extra service thae they dont?)
Alec
A profit is obvious - you keep your domain registered and hosted with the same company. It eases all domain concerned procedures: propagation, name server changes, renewal etc. Also your domain registration and hosting payments can be synchronized.
ericbusch
Does redirecting my domain name via my dns settings constitute a transfer?
loanshark
blink.gif

I've read this chain of questions and answers and am still confused. Being a new user with your company, I am still not sure of all the ramifications in setting up or moving a website.

If I purchased 8 new domain names with GoDaddy.com @ $8.00 each and had one existing website being hosted with another company that I want to move to your system - is it just a matter of pointing the names to the domains or subdomains (I purchased the larger capacity website that holds up to 10 domain names) - or do I have to pay you an additional $14.85 to move the domain names.

If that is the case, then I would actually be paying $23 for each domain by using another registrar company. I am trying to keep my setup costs as low as possible.

Bottom line: How much more does it cost, if anything, to move my domain name to your host when I've owned it or purchased it elsewhere?

Thanks...
Alexandre
Yes, you can poit it domains to the our server. You will be able to add it as addon domains in your cpanel.
This is for free. But you'll need to copy data to the our server.

I hope this link will be useful for you:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=137
loanshark
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Alexandre,

Thanks for your speedy reply - but your Cyrillic keyboard leaves me still a little confused. You wrote:

"But you'll need to copy вфеф to the our serverю..."

Want to try that again using your Western European key set?

I gather from your reply that there would be no additional cost for me to order the domain names from GoDaddy.com and then have them pointed to your server. Does each domain name have to point to a different sequential server number or just to a different sub-directory?

You guys are great to work with. I'm hoping we have a long and happy relationship. I think everything will be fine once we get past this one little issue.

The Shark
Alexandre
Does each domain name have to point to a different sequential server number or just to a different sub-directory?

Each domain will be placed in public_html foldre as subfolder. Nameservers for all domain must be the same as for main domain.
Free Lunch?
Am I reading this right? From <http://www.10-cheapwebhosting.com/hosts/Hostony.php>:

--
Free Domain Name

They will register a free domain name for you if you purchase any plan from them. The hosting account must be used to host this new domain. As long as you maintain your hosting account with them, you don't even need to pay for any renewal fees in the future! However, if you choose to leave Hostony one day, you will need to pay $14.85 for that domain name.

Latest update:7 May 2004
--

Please confirm/deny/firebomb...

Thanks,
Confused
unsure.gif
Alec
Yes you are right.

Just one remark:

However, if you choose to leave Hostony one day, you will need to pay $14.85 for that domain name.

You will pay for the domain name only if you leave before one year is expired. After that you will become an owner of the domain name and will never pay for it.

Also we'll renew the domain name ever while you are our customer
Jean-Philippe Doyle
Hi! Just want to notice you that 1and1.com sale .com/.net/.org/.info/.name for only 5,99$ per year! wink.gif
Jean-Philippe Doyle
And on the front page, it's write 0,99$ per domain, is this a fee by additonal domain or only the 10$ per month /10 to show that it's low price??
Alec
It is a price of one domain hosting not registration
Mimimal price of Special accout is $9.85 per month.
Divide it by 12 months and you'll get about 0.99 per month for each domain
Jean-Philippe Doyle
Ok ouf
Red Blaze
Right now, I have a DNS of thesonicjoint.com. Pretty soon I plan to change to chaossanctum.com. Can both lead to my site if I register chaossanctum.com with hostony?

Besides, thesonicjoint.com is about to expire pretty soon, so I'll need some help from Hostony rather than GoDaddy.com. Cheaper, but I'd rather stick with Hostony if you provide the service.
Alec
We can transfer your domain THESONICJOINT.COM to our domain registrar in a couple of month before it expiration.

Also if you want to register another domain name please contact us through perldesk or email.
Red Blaze
QUOTE(Alec @ Aug 4 2004, 06:53 AM)
We can transfer your domain THESONICJOINT.COM to our domain registrar in a couple of month before it expiration.

Also if you want to register another domain name please contact us through perldesk or email.

Well I don't really want thesonicjoint.com transfered I just want it to cancle and leave it alone. Am I able to pay via paypal? It'd be alot easier on me. -.-'
Alec
Yes you can do a paypal order for domain name transfer or registration
Radaideh
hi there

I have signed up for the special hosting plan, and it says $0.99 per domain name, then why should i pay $14 something for domain regestration?

Dose the $0.99 stand for the cost per month or per year?

Hope to hear from anyone soon

RadaidehT.
JasonJones
The .99 is referring to the $9.85 per month / 10... so if you were to host 10 domains on the special plan, they would in essence, be .99 /month to host. You do not get 10 domain names for $.99 you have the ability to host 10 domain names for $.99/mo . Likewise, if you only hosted 3 domains on the special plan they would be $3.28 each in essence.. See the pattern there? smile.gif

You can purchase domains from hostony for $14.85/ea, but that first one is FREE with the hosting account!!! So thats a hell of a deal.

Hope that cleared things up..
Jason
Radaideh
Thanks Jason

You have just told me what i wanted to know.

The special plan is a very great deal, that's why i'm here

Thanks again for the informaion

I have another question if you don't mind

how about after i reach my limit of 10 domains, can I add some additional domains and for how much gonna cost me per domain name or there is an additional package like the one for $14 something

Taiseer
Alexandre
Value: With the few registrars out there who have some of the features that we offer,
each domain name ends up by costing you up to hundreds of dollars per year.
With Hostony all you pay is your regular registration fee, and that's it.

Innovation: Hostony is truly the most innovative registrar in the business.
We are pioneers of dynamic DNS and have already fully implemented it.
We are always at the forefront of technology concerning domain names with several patents pending.

Versatility: Our number one priority is to maximize what you get out of a domain name.
Look at the services listed here to see what you can really do with a domain name.

Name my Phone -
Have text messages sent to your mobile device from
a customizable web page under your domain name.
Have people reach you with more simplicity.

Name my Map -
Send a map and directions to anyone with an easy to
remember address from your domain name.

TLDs -
Hostony carries all the prized TLDs including:
.COM .NET .ORG .INFO .BIZ .US .NAME .TV .CC .WS .BZ .NU
with more to come. We also offer pre-registrations
and early bird queues before the release of a new TLD.

Dynamic DNS -
Dynamic DNS is a breakthrough in the domain name industry.
It allows for near real time changes to your domain name instead of
having to wait 12 to 24 hours.

With Hostony you get full control over your domain names.
Our interface is for beginners and power users alike.
Do as much or as little as you want.

Free website -
Included with each domain name is a free website,
with the help of our simple to use "WebSite Builder". More.

» Forwarding -
Have as many as 100 different email addresses forwarded to your email,
or have your domain name point to your site either through "URL Redirect"
or "URL Frame". It's simple and powerful.
JasonJones
Radaideh:

Well, the special plan and all the shared hosting plans are not for resellers, so if you have more than 10 personal domains, I'd just suggest getting a second special plan, it would be the best deal.

If you are reselling hosting, then you would want to get a resellers package, the starter is $20/mo and gives you lots of space/bandwidth..

Jason
Jim

I am not sure I understand this. I have several domains registered for a few years. If I transfer to you for hosting, do I have to pay for again for registration?
Stanly
QUOTE(Jim @ Oct 11 2004, 01:17 PM)

I am not sure I understand this. I have several domains registered for a few years. If I transfer to you for hosting, do I have to pay for again for registration?

No, you will just need to set our name servers for your domain names.
Red Blaze
ahrm... I don't know if my order went through but I have recently paid for an address. To complete the order, I ran into this error:

Notice: Undefined index: cart_order_id in /home/secure/hostony_https/pay/ok.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined index: NewOrder in /home/secure/pay/lib/GutLibs/Session/class.Session.inc.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined index: User_ID in /home/secure/pay/lib/GutLibs/Session/class.Session.inc.php on line 43
Internal: Customer id [0]is invalid.

I'm hoping I didn't pay for nothing. =S
Red Blaze
I bought another domain name and I sent an email to hostony(at)hostony dot com. But I haven't recieved word from them. Or did I have to send an email at billing.com?
Slavik
Please send us e-mail one more time or open a trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Red Blaze
I posted a trouble ticket and I did get a response saying it'll be active in 3 days and she/he gave me a password. But, what's the password for? I asked, but never got a response again.
Guest_Andy_*
So what you are saying is we pay the normal amount for the site and then we need to pay more to register it?
Lehrer
QUOTE(Guest_Andy_* @ Jun 28 2005, 08:59 PM)
So what you are saying is we pay the normal amount for the site and then we need to pay more to register it?

Dear Andy, you are not paying for the domain twice.
First, you pay for the service itself, i.e. for webhosting. Then, you pay for domain registration, if it isn't registered yet. You can avoid this by registering your domain at a third party company, but you still have to pay them as you understand. Only in case you already had your domain registered elsewhere and you are not willing to transfer it to our company you'll of course be free of charge for domain registration.
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Jun 29 2005, 09:53 AM)
Dear Andy, you are not paying for the domain twice.
First, you pay for the service itself, i.e. for webhosting. Then, you pay for domain registration, if it isn't registered yet. You can avoid this by registering your domain at a third party company, but you still have to pay them as you understand. Only in case you already had your domain registered elsewhere and you are not willing to transfer it to our company you'll of course be free of charge for domain registration.

Oh i get you now thankyou!!!!! biggrin.gif
Slavik
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Duggie
Question?

i would like to buy the profi plan i belive for 12 months to run a forum wuld i need MSSQL database?

and how does the extra domain work (add-on)

its another addy or what is it?
Slavik
You'll need MySQL. Addon domain is a separate domain.
HLAJR
I current have a reseller account to one local webhost company here in our country, though the server resides in the US. What if I will avail of your reseller package, would the transition be smooth, meaning my current clients will not experience downtimes specially blog sites and other accounts which have databases driven webpages like forum and email accounts? Would they not lost any data? My current host is using WHM and CPanel...

Hopng you can response sooner... Thanks!
MartinB
QUOTE(HLAJR @ Dec 3 2005, 04:47 PM)
I current have a reseller account to one local webhost company here in our country, though the server resides in the US. What if I will avail of your reseller package, would the transition be smooth, meaning my current clients will not experience downtimes specially blog sites and other accounts which have databases driven webpages like forum and email accounts? Would they not lost any data? My current host is using WHM and CPanel...

Hopng you can response sooner... Thanks!

If you have Cpanel the move is a little more easy (But it will be a lot more easy if you have root access to your current server... but I think not if you are a reseller.)

The accounts move can be not so hard, but keep in mind the propagation time of the dns, that can make effect on your websites, like databse driven websites not updated.

Surely you can't put offline these websites some 48 hours, right? smile.gif

If not, maybe you can have some differences on the databases on your old host and your new host. how many websites do you have ? Movement is always a stressed issue, you can do it more easy looking a provider with the same control panel, but propagation... If you wish to reduce the downtime during nameserver propagation, you can first lower the ttl value at your old host's dns zone ... if you have the access.

here a nice article:

24-48 hours before transfer:

1. Login to old server as root
2. cd /var/named
3. perl -pi.bak -e "s/14400/900/g if /^\s*\$TTL/" *.db
4. /etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart

Here we have edited every single dns zone and created a .bak of each (just in case we need to revert). Changing the TTL from 14400 (4 hours) to 300 (5 minutes) means that as soon as we make a change to a dns zone, it will take affect everywhere within 5 minutes as opposed to 4 hours. This will be helpful after transfering the account because we want the sites to be pointing to the new server ASAP so that file changes, new emails, etc all get to the new server and don't get "lost."
that is how long it will take the internet to "find out" that they need to check the dns server every 5 minutes instead of 4 hours. (I hope that made sense)

Right before we do the transfer...
To make a smooth transfer without loosing any email, we will shut down exim here to avoid delivering any email to the old server. The email will be delivered to the new server when it becomes active. You should also tell your clients when the move is taking place so they're not angry when they lose posts in a forum or changes to their site at this time. Maybe we also want to stop ftp and cpanel too.

2. service chkservd stop
3. /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim stop
4. /etc/rc.d/init.d/pure-ftpd stop;/scripts/ckillall -9 pure-ftpd;/scripts/ckillall -9 pure-authd;/etc/rc.d/init.d/proftpd stop;
5. /etc/rc.d/init.d/cpanel stop

READY to Transfer? Here we go:

1. Login to new server's WHM, click on copy multiple accounts
2. Fill out the info
3. Select the accounts to transfer
4. Cross your finger

Transfers have completed, let's make the change happen! Here we go:

2. cd /var/named
3. perl -pi.bak -e "s/[oldip]/[newip]/g" *.db (replace oldip with old server ip and newip with server new ip)
4. /etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart

This will point all the sites to the newip. Hopefully most of your sites are on a shared ip. For all the accounts that are NOT on a shared ip we will need to copy the .db.bak for that domain to .db and edit it to reflect the new IP.

Transfer completed. Sites are functioning on new server, now transfer the nameservers! Here we go:

Be sure to set up your NEW nameservers on the NEW server. (WHM will only add an A record for the oldips) until you transfer the nameservers with the registrar) so you need to edit the DNS zone to reflect the new ips.

Submit the ip changes to your registrar and give it 48 hours to update. Within 48 hours your DNS will be served off your new server, thus you can cancel that old server with that host you couldn't wait to leave.

If you have resellers, we have to copy all the files in /var/cpanel that reference resellers and anything ending in .accts to the new server.

how good is the relationship with your current host? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here