Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with addon domains
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Chris A
I have just got my special hosting account, and put a few domains in the addon domains.

To get it working quickly, I put your server IP address along with one of the domain names in my hosts file. This worked nicely, so I went to my registrar and changed the nameservers to yours (The same ones as my main domain).

Got back from work just now to see if the DNS had propogated, and it has but its not showing my site! It is showing some kind of advert/directory kind of site - the kind of thing that appears on expired domains.

Maybe I have the nameservers wrong? If I put the server IP address in the hosts file, the site appears again fine, then I take it out and I get this directory site.

PS its not the registrars holding page.

I am on server21, and have set ns to ns19.hostony.net and ns18.hostony.net for all addon domains. Just checked the addon domain page though and it says to set them to 67.15.24.116, 67.15.36.4 the second of which would appear to be ns19.hostony.net.

I take it I should actually be setting the ns for addon domains to 67.15.24.116, 67.15.36.4?

Forgot to add, housebuyingguide.co.uk is my main domain.
Chris A
Ah, it doesnt like IP addresses as nameservers...
Chris A
Thanks for replying to my ticket.

It seems some of the DNS changes have propogated, but some havent. I thought they all must have, as they were all showing new pages....

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here