Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: php-nuke 7.0
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
Moogy
anyone with any ideas much appreciated!

set up nuke 7.0 just fine on my old host (domain name does not yet point to my space at hostony)

set up a mysql database and think I have the config.php correct according to how I need to do them for Hostony

uploaded the files and the next step is to basically run the admin.php to set everything up but when I go there or to my hostony site using the link I was told to use before my domain name gets transferred over I am getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/skribbul/public_html/db/db.php on line 88

never had this problem on the other host I just set the config, set up the db, uploaded the files and ran the admin.php

anyone have any ideas?

looks like the db.php code is this

$db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname, false);
if(!$db->db_connect_id) {
message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not connect to the database");

is something perhaps wrong with what I have in the config.php file?
Vanya
Probably... Looks like there is a problem with DB connection. Check DB name, username(add it to DB users using CPanel), he's pass, mysql server should be: localhost.
Moogy
here is what I have in my config with the user name and password altered

$dbhost = "http://67.15.16.19/~skribbul/";
$dbuname = "username"; **changed**
$dbpass = "password"; **changed**
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 7;

in mysql account maintanance it shows the user name and db name as...

skribbul_nuke <<db

and

skribbul_username **altered from real one

my plan was to set up the site and then transfer the domain name over so when it comes over it is ready to go

see anything in the config that is bad?
DPerdue
you need to use the full name of the database as shown in cPanel

CODE
$dbname = "skribbul_nuke ";

it would most likely be better just to use localhost as the dbHost as well

CODE
$dbhost = "localhost";

those are my thoughts
Moogy
QUOTE(DPerdue @ Mar 18 2004, 06:57 PM)

CODE

CODE
$dbhost = "localhost";

those are my thoughts

cool I'll try that right away and let you know how it turns out
Moogy
I just get the same eror

Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/skribbul/public_html/db/db.php on line 88

with the config reading

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "username"; **altered
$dbpass = "password"; **altered
$dbname = "skribbul_nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$gfx_chk = 7;

special note when the db and user were created it put "skribbul_" infront of both of them

also I uploaded the nuke 7.0 files to the public_html file which in turn made a mirror copy of everything to the WWW directory....when I make config.php changes I am upploading it to both as if I put it in public_html it does not update the www directory....not sure what the purpose of the two directories is as I am a bit of a novice at this stuff and the old host did not use a directory structure like this

anyway look slike I'm still hosed...do I need to set anything any where or install anything? I did uninstall front page extensions (probly effects nothing in my case)as I didn't know if that was messing anything up since I am not using front page
DPerdue
try putting skribbul_ in front of the user name as well

As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the www isn't a mirror copy, it's a link to the public_html directory. You probably shouldn't upload anything to it, just for consistency's sake.
Moogy
thanks for all the help still doing the same thing though sad.gif

yeah not sure on the WWW I just punched up to the public_html and was like...ok why is a exact copy now in the www directory?

config now reads

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "skribbul_username"; **altered
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$gfx_chk = 7;

thanks for all the suggestions though...not sure why it wont fly...when I set it up ago last week on the old host I was completely green at nuke and it went right in with no problems
DPerdue
is there any documentation on what the user_prefix means? to me that shouldn't be necesarry since you already define a user name?

also, the script looks like it's failing because of a missing file or function "message_die()"

if you could find why that function is missing I bet it would give you more information about what is going on in the MySQL realm
Moogy
thanks for all the help Dan...yeah not sure what it means exactly, bit of a web n00b here and ofcourse the instructions are pretty vague

used the same files that I used when I set up on globat.com last week

www.skribbulz.com is what is supposed to look like atleast that was what I was working on

may just rip it all out and start over again....not sure what the whole www deal is still about

either I have something slightly wrong or I need to do something slightly different with Hostony...not sure whats going on...like I said a week ago total nuke n00b and got it running and started customizing in no time flat

** any admins is this thread discussion a valid support issue that I should make a ticket on? or because of the nuke 7.0 is this a non-supported issue?
dragonfli
QUOTE(Moogy @ Mar 18 2004, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE(DPerdue @ Mar 18 2004, 06:57 PM)

CODE

CODE
$dbhost = "localhost";

those are my thoughts

cool I'll try that right away and let you know how it turns out

Those settings look correct. (put them back to that)
Also IP server shortcut with ~ is prolly all thats screwing you up. When dns resolves it will probobly work just fine. (i know that oscommerce needs domain url to reach admin and wont work with ~)
Also a very simple answer to www.
www is only a shortcut to public_html (they are the same place) nothing is being copied.

Hope this helps, my experience is more with bb's and php stores, but they are also based on mysql and php so in many ways they should act the same.
Moogy
thanks dragonfli

just went delete happy but it's not deleting any folders....bah this is turning out to be a pain in the butt smile.gif

tried the ip address by itself also (should that work?) but had the same problem

I have tried about every combination of things in that config file...almost dying to wipe out my beta one at globat just to go thru setup again

would the fact that skribbulz.com still points to the globat site or some weird php setting or some hostony something that needs to be done to make this work?

it was so simple on the other one...guess on the config settings...uppload the files...run admin.php and i'm in business

yeah the www thing keeps freaking me out...hehe so your saying I should just not pay any attention to it then? wink.gif
Vanya
Please send open a trouble ticket on this. We'll help you.
dragonfli
I meant that some things dont work the same when you access them via ip, not sure why. If that is the case it may not be broken at all, just wait and see how it works using "skribbulz.com" to access it, then see if configs work.
also just ignore www. it is a phantom, just a shortcut used to direct things to the proper folder.

If you are still having trouble after dns finishes resolving, let me know and me or somebody else here will be able to help you work it out wink.gif
Moogy
cool thanks guys going to give it a shot at setting it up fresh again...reuploading files, then going into set up the database again, try the config settings and try to get into the admin.php

could the whole problem be that the DNS for www.skribbulz.com is still pointing to globat.com?

was going to try and get this one all set up (or mostly) then request the DNS swap so that when it went thru I didn't have a dead skribbulz.com for a few days

or are their other things in the control panel I need to do first?

I'll give it another shot then if worse comes to worse I'll open a trouble ticket

thanks to all who oferred ideas and info smile.gif
Moogy
Hoowah!

well I reuploaded, resetup database and the final config of...

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "skribbul_username"; **altered
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$gfx_chk = 7;

and now it seems to be cooperating!

thanks all again for the help...hopefully this post will maybe help a future nuke n00b if they have problems

now I better get it all set up smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here