Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi domain setup
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Chris A
I am thinking of signing up with the Special offer, but am unsure about the multi domain setup.

Ideally I would like all the domains to be totally independent, but as I understand from this forum, each domain is stored in a folder in the main domain directory. It does seem that this setup would be transparent to the regular browser and SE spiders too?

IE if I have a main site (www.main_site.com), and another domain (www.clocks.com), then clocks.com is stored in main_site.com's directory in the folder 'clocks.com'? But a user can navigate around clocks.com, and all the URLs etc come up as you would expect?

What about logs? Do you have separate log files for each domain? Or just one for all (not good!)?

Bottom line, I just want to know that this offer is capable of allowing everything that you would get from separate hosting for each domain?

Cheers,

Chris
Serge
But a user can navigate around clocks.com, and all the URLs etc come up as you would expect?
Yes for end user domain will look as full featured domain.

Addom domains have its own mail, apache logs, subdomains, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here