Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Clint
Always the negative on boards, never the positive - buck the trend I say!

Just a quick thanks to Alex Kanevsky, who worked through all the little issues I had with my domains yesterday.

Muchly appreciated getting my accounts back on their feet.

Kudos, Alex.

Clint
Aelice
Alexander Brykulya and Gleb Voronich have helped me out a lot. smile.gif I'd like to show my appreciation for their patience with my incoherent, confused rambling in my Trouble Tickets.
ghanem
So you mean we should be thankfull each time our sits goes down and they fix it ?
do u understand whats the meaning of FIX IT ???
mmm, If I break somthing you own, and thin I FIXED IT, thin, I broke it again, thing again I FIXED IT, thin again I broke it, and again i FIXED IT.. and again and again and again.
Imagin this hapened for a month..
do u really have any apreciantion for me when I FIX IT ???

dry.gif
darcyelliott
Alright looks like it is time for me to get flamed...

So you mean we should be thankfull each time our sits goes down and they fix it ?
do u understand whats the meaning of FIX IT ???
mmm, If I break somthing you own, and thin I FIXED IT, thin, I broke it again, thing again I FIXED IT, thin again I broke it, and again i FIXED IT.. and again and again and again.
Imagin this hapened for a month..
do u really have any apreciantion for me when I FIX IT ???

I am thankful...course I am a newbe to this but I also look at the alternatives.... I mean the alternatives are :

1. Be not thankful, make a stink, continue to have things broken and then put down on the bottem of the priority list, get really frustraited with the service, cancel your susbscription, maybe get your money back and try and find another service for the same money with 24hr support and really helpful service.

2. Buy a machine to run as a server, buy a decent connection to the net, configure the server, monitor it. But it would be just you on the server so you could do backups daily. Would you be able to do that for like 20 a month.
Maybe if you are an entrpreneaur you could sell/resell space and services, then you could handle the sales and the support issues and hardware failures.

I am not trying to be smart....(lord knows I am far from being that) but I do know that if I am stomping arround all the time shouting, chances are I am gonna get tuned out.

I am thankful that even if they make mistakes, or have more then thier share of bad luck with hardware, staff and all other things thrown into the mix, that even when data is lost becuase backups happen once a week, or even if the backup system was corrupt and instead of all the stuff that has happened it was even worse. I know this.....I didn't have to deal with multiple angry customers shouting to high heaven making my job even tougher....all I had to do was ask questions ...to which I got timley responses, and figure out what I needed to do to get back up and running. I don't have thier job and I didn't have to live through this weekend like they did. For this I am thankful

To Serge, Stanley, Gleb and all the other folks I have had the pleasure with dealing with at Hostony....thanks for all the help, and even though I show my "appreciation" with paying for your services....sometimes money isn't enough
I will be sticking arround for a while

Thanks
Darcy Elliott
bridgeburlington.com
Clint
Hey, if it happens again and again and again, bitch away, but try not doing it in my thread. =p

yeah, i'll be more jaded if I continually have problems - coming from the IT industry, sometimes shit just happens all at once and pinning down that one problem is elusive, but I still appreciate the extra work they are doing in trying to solve the issues....sorry if you can't say the same, and I hope things improve for ya.

clint
Nihilist
Yep I work in It as well, and know how things can get stupid pretty quickly, you just hate those days when stuff is down and its not your fault and things never go well when your trying to bring stuff back online.

I agree with this thread good job on whoever started it. Thansk for the people at ONY who fix our problems, especially the ones taht are brought to you that have nothing to do with you .
ghanem
well guess what guys,
MY SITE IS DOWN AGAIN ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE NEW SERVER!!!

Hostony..
any commnets about that, why did it went down again..

When I am going to show an apreciation, it will be for extra, or at least for support for things I need and they are a second far to help me with.

I am sorry to say, but I wish you to suffer the same so that you understand a little bit the suffer I and many others went thorugh for a month continusly almost every day.
I wish you to lose customers, I wish your site to have a bad reputaion, and you see it your self on your guest book people telling you why your site is always down.

Thin I will ask you, why you did not simply move to another company, instead of shouting here.

By the way, you don't have the right to be angry because of my wish.
Why, because if you are angry because of a wish and got scared that muhc, what will be your feeling if you lived that nightmare??

mad.gif
Serge
ghanem
Please make only one post per issue. Multiple threads about the same issues disorient people and makes hard to track questions/responses both for us and customers.

As I answered in other thread your problem was cause by not fully propagated DNS. Your files were already copied.

Thanks everyone for support and understanding.
Danimal
I WANT TO COMPLAIN AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!

rolleyes.gif

Hostony is simply astounding as far as service goes. Thank you, Clint, for starting this thread. It's about time someone had something good to say around here.

And what's this? Two guys from IT saying computers go down? Say it ain't so! I thought they were always reliable and never had any problems whatsoever and that the slightest "hiccup" means it's complainin' time! No?

Again... rolleyes.gif
Clint
I think someone needs a hug!

hehe

Clint
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here