Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Invision or phpBB?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bgp1
Which is the better forum, Invision or phpBB?
bill
vbulletin 3 rc4
Aelice
I use phpbb.. smile.gif No complaints here. I find it easier to customize.
Danimal
QUOTE(Aelice @ Mar 14 2004, 08:35 PM)
I use phpbb.. smile.gif No complaints here. I find it easier to customize.

I agree with this. I think Invision has some pretty cool features, and is certainly more in depth, but that means much more difficulty in customizing it. I spent a full day trying to customize that board before finally saying "to hell with it" and sticking with my phpbb board.
bgp1
Wow, I just deleted the Invision board I was working on and started a phpBB. It is so much easier! Thanks guys, looks like you saved me alot of time.
Serge
'Better' has so many sence. If you plan to run a busy board invision board is much faster that phpbb since it is optimized for php/mysql only when phpbb is initially designed to support many database formats and is not optimized for something particular.

Also when customizing board, adding smilies please be very carefully, don't leave blank database records in database. Results can be unpredictable. in invisionboard 1.2 BLANK records in smilies DB caused phph process to grow up to 700 Mb in memory. So please be very careful.
Kendric Moxon
XX
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here