Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Old Server 18 Story
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
joeohlandt
Hello everyone,

I joined this host on February 25, 2004 and since then there has been quite a few problems with this server.

Feb 25, Hard Drive Replaced
Feb 28, Server Upgrade
March 9, Attack by POP3 Requests
March 11, Reboot due to CPU problems
March 11, Emergenct hardware replacement. I guess it wasn't the CPU?
March 12, Planned Reboot. Only a day later?
March 13, RAID Issue.
March 14, RAID Corrupt.

All of the above information was gleaned from this board.

Gentlemen, what are the conditions behind your 99% uptime guarantee?
Nihilist
I joined like march 1st or something

good news is your still within your 30 day guarantee
bill
QUOTE(joeohlandt @ Mar 14 2004, 07:58 PM)
Gentlemen, what are the conditions behind your 99% uptime guarantee?

hah, thats like false advertisement.
Bluefin221
Mine is down again - I'm getting serious complaints now from people regarding my site this is becoming a nightmare. I'm generally patient but when I get people come along to me and say they won't be back at my site because its never bloody there you can understand why I'm becoming annoyed.

I understand you guys are trying to resolve the issues but there is no comunication. If you don't tell us whats happening we can't plan for the sites being down I think we need some organisation regarding down time as this is frustrating me to hell. I can tolerate one day here and there but all week my site has been down at various points loading extrememly slow you get the picture right?

I'm now on here more than I'm on my own site and that just shouldn't be happening!!!!! sad.gif
Serge
I myself posted in the thread related to server 18 posted that at weekend we'll recompile kernel to remove APCI from it.

We sucessfully did it jsut now and server back up.

Recent problems were with 2 servers and as you know we do our best to resolve them. We understand that it is a lot of issues fro 2 servers and we compensate our customers with upgrades for the downtime.
easycall
I sure don't know how you can compensate for this downtime. I've lost more money today than I paid for my 2 year hosting account!

It's no wonder why my husband is insisting I start looking for another host. I really don't want to, because I like the features here, but I can't afford to keep losing money like this either.

The timing was terrible for me - I just ran some printed ads in 2 newspapers starting yesterday and the day before! Who can predict such problems when deciding on one's advertising schedule!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here