Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPanel and FTP access
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Nihilist
Has cpanel and ftp access been resolved on the replacement machine for the one that died yesterday.

https://67.15.16.19:2083

I still cant login , it doesnt my like my passwords for either the ftp session or the cpanel, ive opened a ticket as well thanks
Nihilist
Im sorry but im becoming real impatient this will soon be a 24 hour outage and will be way beyond that by the time i get everything back to to the way it was , my website is useless until ftp access is restored not to mention the control panel

tkt has been sitting in queue for 2 hours, I know you guys are busy with all this but even an update on the announcemnt page regarding ftp access and the cpanel problem that seems to be still occuring.

After a major outage of this nature, updates IMO should be made more regular, this is not a good example of customer service .
Nihilist
could someone please update the main thread about this outage (even if its bad news, cause bad news is better than no news ) , in regards to the ftp access and the issues some are having trying to log in to the cpanel
bill
well, i care more about the data loss. this is incredulous. i cant believe what a policy. only weekly backups. . words cant describe how sick to my stomach i feel about this right now.
Nihilist
yeah data loss ######s too, i dont envy your position ...i dont use the server for business which is good, but my peak traffic time is the weekend sad.gif i could restore the server in about an hour , if i had access to anything.

I am not usually a mean person, and i certainly dont like to post things in a public manner such as this, but the lack of updates from them is killing me.

im just sitting here waiting to fix stuff, when i can't and they wont even let people know why ..like i said after an outage of this nature it is not good to keep your customers in the dark
bill
yea my site is dynamic and db driven. therefore this loss is crazy to me. i just checked my cpannel and the ENTIRE directory my site was in doesnt even exist anymore. how great. mad.gif
Nihilist
yep crap man , i have databases too , but none that are critical, but doesnt mean my visitors wont complain

and hey man your lucky i cant access my cpanel
Nihilist
resolved, and thanks guys, I know you guys went through hell the last day or so, and probably still are and will continue to for a couple days, I do think it could have been handled better but I know you guys are doing what you can, I do not envy you when something like this happens

Thanks
Serge
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We doubled our staff today in order to be able to resolve problems and handle increased amount of trouble tickets and major part of requests are resolved.
The bed is close. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here