Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Jake
Please excuse me if this is stupid question;

I currently have four domains registered with a British Company (I'm UK based). I like the look of your 'special plan' and was wondering if it's going to do what I need.

I would like each domain to have it's own name servers so I can have www.mydomain.co.uk/index and www.myotherdomain.co.uk/index etc. In other words not to have to mess around with redirects and framing etc.

I'd also like to be able to have mail accounts, e.g. jake@mydomain.co.uk and jake@myotherdomain.co.uk, possibly for a number of people.

If this is possible; will I have to keep them registered with the British Company and pay them for DNS management so that they point at your servers?

I hope you can help with these questions.

Best wishes,

Jake.
Serge

I would like each domain to have it's own name servers so I can have www.mydomain.co.uk/index and www.myotherdomain.co.uk/index etc. In other words not to have to mess around with redirects and framing etc.

For this you have to buy our reseller plan because in special plans all addon domains are created in subfolder on teh main domain though they load like
www.mydomain.co.uk, www.mydomain.co.uk, etc in browser.

Do you want own nameservers for private labeling your domains?

I'd also like to be able to have mail accounts, e.g. jake@mydomain.co.uk and jake@myotherdomain.co.uk, possibly for a number of people.

No problem with this.

No problem with this.
Jake
Thanks for your reply,

Just to confirm that would mean that my second domain would appear in the browser as;

www.mydomain.co.uk/myotherdomain/links.htm

or

www.mydomain.co.uk/myotherdomain/people.htm

Is that what you mean? Or is it that everything in the /myotherdomain/ folder would appear as www.myotherdomain.co.uk irrespective of that page it was one in that folder? Or would is actually appear as a proper domain e.g;

www.myotherdomain.co.uk/links.htm ?

I'm afraid I don't know what this means:

Do you want own nameservers for private labeling your domains?

Also did you have any thoughts on the DNS question?

Thanks again,

Jake.
Jake
Hi there,

I'm getting a little confused. I was just reading someone else's post where they were trying to add another domain and the staff reply was:

You probably own Profi plan(it have no addon domains).
You can purchase one for $3.95 or to upgrade to special.

So surely if I buy the 'special plan' I would have up to 10 addon domains that would all work as if hosted individually? Is that not what is meant by "10 full domains" that is advertised at the hosting plans page?

To retiterate I need a service where someone will put any one of my 4 domains into a browser and will come to the appropriate index page and all subsequent pages will have the structure of;

www.myfirstdomain.co.uk/people.htm or www.myseconddomain.co.uk/links.htm

Perhaps someone could clear up this query for me. Other than this confusion everything looks great.

Jake
bgp1
What they mean is that when you add on a domain, a folder in your public_html folder is created.

I have a site, lets say is called sitea.com. So, my URL for sitea is www.sitea.com, and all my files are in the public_html dir. I add on siteb.com. My URL is www.siteb.com, and all my files are in public_html/siteb/ dir. Yes, each addon site will have a seperate domain name.

Private nameservers mean that instead of ns#.hostony.com it is ns#.yourdomain.com.
Serge
Jake, basing on what you stated Special is what you need.

Each domain will points to its own folder of the main account and will have subsecquent structure of pages.
Jake
I understand, thanks for your help!

Jake
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here