Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reseller, IP address for new accounts, SSL
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi,
I have several websites currently hosted on a linux system, they all have their own IP addresses. If I set up as a reseller, can these sites continue to have their own IP address for an additional fee? Also, I am using shared secure certificate for ordering, how difficult would this be to do if I move the site onto your system? Lastly, is their a way to connect secure pages with the shopping carts you offer?

I wasn't real unhappy with my current host, but the prices were climbing, and I have no separate WHM. I am also nervous about switching because I had signed up with a new host recently(in hopes of transferring my other sites,then the site went down the third day for 6 hours, they never answered my inquiries until the next day, and other problems happened, and sometimes I received no response at all. The problems were all on their side and every time they acted as if it was something I was doing.

I am trying to find a home,

Barbara
Serge
I have several websites currently hosted on a linux system, they all have their own IP addresses. If I set up as a reseller, can these sites continue to have their own IP address for an additional fee? Also, I am using shared secure certificate for ordering, how difficult would this be to do if I move the site onto your system? Lastly, is their a way to connect secure pages with the shopping carts you offer?
Sorry but we don' use ip based hosting as it violates ARIN rules and companies that issue ip addresses to the plain sites are unlikly to obtain more ip space from arin. Plain sites are not considered by ARIN to be a justification for ip usage and ARIN encorage hosts to use namebased hosting. We hope to continue to grow and want our future customers to be able to get ips at least for justified neeeds smile.gif

We give ips for the nameservers and SSL certificate since they cannot work without dedicated ips. There are temporary URLS for the sites and you able to test everything before changing nameservers so I don't see the reason to use dedicated ips.

As for shared SSL. There are several ways to setup it but all they are not automatic in our case. Can you elaborate on how you want it to be configured. I guess we can configure it for you unless it is something specific.

As for connecting secure pages and shopping carts. It is again is not automatic in case of shared SSL but very easy if each site has its own SSL. In case of shared SSL this can be done but again it will require some manual work and tweaking apache config.

I wasn't real unhappy with my current host, but the prices were climbing, and I have no separate WHM. I am also nervous about switching because I had signed up with a new host recently(in hopes of transferring my other sites,then the site went down the third day for 6 hours, they never answered my inquiries until the next day, and other problems happened, and sometimes I received no response at all. The problems were all on their side and every time they acted as if it was something I was doing.

Sorry to hear you had many troubles with other guys. sad.gif
I am trying to find a home,

Barbara
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here