Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SSL, PayPal
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
coreyp_1
Suppose I am selling something (at www.SomeDomain.com), and I choose to process payments using PayPal.

Does one need a SSL Certificate for www.SomeDomain.com in order to process an order using PayPal?

For that matter, what does "Optional" SSL Support mean on the Hosting Plans page?

If a SSL Certificate is needed, then what are the costs involved in acquiring it and setting it up?

Lastly, why does the information box associated with SSL Support talk about z555.com?

Thank you,

Corey
Alec
Optional means that if you want to set up it you have to request it

You may get a trusted SSL or get a free self signed certificate
If you need SSL for card or paypal processing self-signed certificate is not good idea.

Thak you for infroming us about error in our site. We'll fix it soon
coreyp_1
Please forgive me if I am being dense, but I am just hoping for a little clarification.

Is SSL *required* to process payments through PayPal?

Do you offer a shared SSL certificate?

This may be the deciding factor as to whether or not I am able to use this service. I must say, though, that so far I like what I have seen!

Thank you!

- Corey
Serge
No SSL is not required to process payments through paypal, because all payments processed through their site.

Yes you can get self signed certificate from us for free and 128 Bit signed Geotrust SSL certicate at $95/year
coreyp_1
Thank you for your curteous and swift responses.

I have already signed up for an account! biggrin.gif

- Corey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here