Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BEST DOWN WEB HOSTING EVER
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ghanem
During one month now, my site was down for about 20 times.
I had the worst nightmares with your hosting.

Each time you have a reason.

Cant you people tell us before any down times, are we suppose to stair at your forum all the time to know about it.

I wish there was a rank for worst hosting, I sware I would insist you be the first top one.

Don't you have any respect for your clients.

How are we suppose to work in such down times day after another ??

How are we suppose to run a bussines with your hosting, when our destroyer is our host ?
mad.gif
Red Blaze
I agree, although I don't plan to move to another host, Hostony is the only one I can actually trust. They wouldn't go about and close your account like a different host did to me. Thing is, there's always a down time because hostony staff puts in new stuff, more security etc, and it creates down times. We can't really work in such enviroment when there's alot of downtimes. The only thing, however, is that I don't agree that Hostony is the worst host. I've seen worst and hostony is no where near being a "the worst host" award or whatever you're getting at.
Stanly
ghanem
Each time you have a reason.

'Cuase it is true.
We don't reboot server when this action is not needed.

Red Blaze
Thank you for your understanding.

All
Sorry for this downtimes but we just upgrading servers, trying to protect our servers from hackers, etc.
This will be finished soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Slick
You shouldnt flame you should be happy of the downtimes because each time you get a new update! You need to be more understanding. Hostony has the most wonderful support and the downtimes are usally less than 10 mins. They need to update it prevents security problems, gives you new features, and helps your website run alot better (faster) each time they update there is a reason they dont do it just to make you mad. The slight downtimes may prevent a downtime that last 1 month wink.gif.
Rastus
I am happy that Hostony keeps things on the server current. I am NOT happy that it has been going on for so long.

I will never be "happy of the downtimes". downtime = lost $

Hostony needs to schedule the server maintenance where it has the least impact on the greatest number of clients, not just do it as times permits for them. And when they do the maintenance it needs to be done at one time, or wait until they are prepared.

Any Network admin for a Company who takes the Co. servers down this much would not be employed for very long.
Danimal
Holy boo hoo, Batman!

Guess what, all servers, everywhere in the world, go down. It happens. You'll never be up all the time. You accept it and move on. This is how life works. If you're unhappy that Hostony takes the time to upgrade their servers, go to one that couldn't care less. That would be about 95% of the other hosts out there. I've gone through many hosts, but stuck with Hostony for two years now because they actually do care and are the best.

I always wonder why threads like this (really any thread where the subject IS IN ALL CAPS) aren't deleted.
Vanya
We do not delete any posts(just as extreme measure).
bgp1
I do not agree with what you are saying (probably because my site is hardly ever down), but there is a site to rate the worst hosts.

http://www.yourhost######s.com

But as you will see, Hostony is not on it.
Slick
You just need to be patient. They gotta do what they gotta do and theyre awsome support makes up for it! The downtimes shoudl stop anyway I read that this is the last update for a long time or something.
BigJimW
What downtime? You guys must be smoking crack or something tongue.gif because I haven't seen any downtime (at least any that I would consider big) since the Great Server Crash™ of last year. wink.gif

It's been pretty rock solid since then. And the few times it was down, by the time I entered a trouble ticket, the site came back up.

Hostony is A-OK in my book. smile.gif
bgp1
QUOTE(BigJimW @ Mar 12 2004, 11:08 PM)
What downtime? You guys must be smoking crack or something tongue.gif because I haven't seen any downtime (at least any that I would consider big) since the Great Server Crash™ of last year. wink.gif

It's been pretty rock solid since then. And the few times it was down, by the time I entered a trouble ticket, the site came back up.

Hostony is A-OK in my book. smile.gif

I am with you on that. I have had no problems like what they are describing. I am hardly ever down.
LP_
Rewording, didn't come out as wanted.
Serge
As you all know we had problems with server 18 lowering power frequency on one CPU because of the heating problem. (kernel APCI module lowered frequency.)
As result because of lower processing power server went down and we had to reboot it.

As result we replaced all fans on the blade rack, not just server, but it did no helped.

Since only server18 reporeted heating problems we decided to replace hardware completely and just leave HDDs, but it still did not help.

So far we found temporary fix by disabling APCI in kernel

Now we think that problem was caused by kernel module and will recompile kernel this weekend.

We tried to make downtime involved with resolution of this problem as low as possible. For example server was replaced within 7 minutes and will do our best not to bother our customers with taking server down at maintanance to the extent it will be possible.
Bluefin221
I must admit to being happy with hostony and the quality of help received when the site goes down. This week has been a hard one and the site has been down a lot but I understand that sometimes this happens and obviously hostony don't want this as much as me and anyone else taking up the services. My site is down right now and I'm willing to be patient.

My only request would be some sort of e-mail that lets us know that the site will be down and expected downtime so we could explain this to customers and or visitors
ghanem
mad.gif

Hi,

Guess what guys.

THE SITE IS DOWN AGAIN FOR THE THIRD DAY ON ROW.
Serge
ghanem

Please check my post above. We constantly monitor server and recent downtime was only 14 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.
Rastus
QUOTE(Serge @ Mar 13 2004, 07:50 AM)
As you all know we had problems with server 18 lowering power frequency on one CPU because of the heating problem. (kernel APCI module lowered frequency.)
As result because of lower processing power server went down and we had to reboot it.

As result we replaced all fans on the blade rack, not just server, but it did no helped.

Since only server18 reporeted heating problems we decided to replace hardware completely and just leave HDDs, but it still did not help.

So far we found temporary fix by disabling APCI in kernel

Now we think that problem was caused by kernel module and will recompile kernel this weekend.

We tried to make downtime involved with resolution of this problem as low as possible. For example server was replaced within 7 minutes and will do our best not to bother our customers with taking server down at maintanance to the extent it will be possible.

Thankyou for the update smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here