Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Domain and Support question
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
hhew
Hi,
I like, what you are offering, and I like to register my new domain and buy your hosting services. I am new to hosting process, appreciate your help answerting this questions.
1. Do you support JSP pages?.
2. What is the charge of moving from your Windows hosting to Linux hosting, on identical plans?.
3. If I buy the domain and enroll your one year plan, and if after a month, I want to opt out of the contract, what will happen to the domain?. Who owns it?. If I want to take the domain to a different hosting service, how much I owe on the domain name.
4. What will happen to the domain after a year?. Can I take it with me to any other service?, or do I need to pay to move the domain?.
5. If I pay one year pre-pay plan, can I terminate the contract at any time?. If so, will I get a pro-rated refund?.
6. In the PROFI plan, how many sub-domains and addon domains, I am entitlted to?.
7. In the PROFI plan, you mentioned that only 5 mailing lists are supported?. How many address each mail listing can have?. How much, you charge, if I have to go more than that?.
8. Do you provide any default packages or templates for the web-design?. Also there is any support service you provide for PHP based pages, If I can not use JSP?

Thanks
hhew
Alexandre
Hello

1. Do you support JSP pages?.
No, we don't support it.

2. What is the charge of moving from your Windows hosting to Linux hosting, on identical plans?.
It is Free.

About payment you'll find out more by the following link:

http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=137

Supported features you can find by the following link:

http://www.hostony.com/hosting.html

We'll be glad to see you in our big Hostony family.

Best regards.
hhew
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate, if you can shed more light on the questions, I asked. I could not find the correct answers in the link you provided and in the forum in general.
My question was, who owns the domain?. Is it me?. If so, can I take the domain with me, if I decide to leave?. Is it one year plan mandotary period for the 'free domain' offer?
I found in some of the web hosting review sites that, in hostony, the domain is free as long as you stay. Even after 1 or 2 years, if you decide to leave, you have to pay for the domain. Is it true?.
Thanks
hhew
Domain is free until you are hosted here. If you want to leave you need to pay $14.85 for a domain transfer to another hoster or domain registrar. But you can take out domain after finish of every year with us without any fee - just inform us preliminarily
Alec
Sorry
Forgot to login smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here