Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WhoIs Database
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
dreams
Hi, yes, yet another newbie question, but this is quite important.

Is there an option to, if i sign-up, to keep the private/contact/billing information such as address,name etc private?

I know some other hosts offer those services, some may require additional costs. I wouldn't mind the additional costs if only I could kept out of the WhoIs Database with my personal information.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
I.
Alec
Yes we'll send you login information for your domain name on your request and you'll be able to change your private contact info
dreams
you'll be able to change your private contact info 

Does that mean I can change it or keep it out of the public? Is it similar to ID Protect?

And I'm planning to pay with paypal and looked up posts for instructions since there are only cc payment options on the sign-up process (you might want to add that or possible customers might think you don't accept this payment method and don't look up in forums or bother with emails, just my thoughts)

For the Profi plan, if I want to try it out first and just pay for one month, the 9,85 $ will that be it?

- And much thanks for the prompt reply smile.gif

Regards,
I.
LP_
Check out Go Daddy for your registrar, they have partnership with a third party (Domains by Proxy) that offers what you want for an additional cost. But since Go Daddy has the lowest prices for domain names that I've seen yet ($9/year), and the additional cost is only another $9/year, that comes cheaper that a single name at most other registrars.

Otherwise, most registrars have a clause where they can end your contract without questions if they find you have entered false information in your WHOIS.

Also I think all plans here have a 30-days money back guarantee, so there's no point in buying just one month "to try it out".
Serge
Id protect can be added at $8.00/yr (per domain).

As fro the paypal. You can pay to paypal@hostony.com. Later on paypal will be added to our standard signup form.
dreams
Okay, thank you.

So, can I add up the 8 $ to the amount of money I'll pay for the hosting program when I pay through pay-pal?

and, I haven't done much paying with paypal in the past. Do I include the required information like domain name and such in the payment?

- Kind regards,
I.
Stanly
Yes, you can simply add $8 to your PayPal payment.
Also you're right - please display domain name and hosting plan at your payment.
dreams
Great, thanks guys smile.gif

I have one more question though, I already bought a domain a couple of years ago and wouldn't need to register for a new one. Do I need to do the ID protect seperately or would/could you guys do that for that domain?

Kind regards,
I.
Serge
We can do ID protect only to domain names that are transfered to us (I mean domain registration, not just hosting) We can transfer your old domain to us it will cost you $14.85/year for domain name and add a year to already prepaid period.

ID protect will cost the same $8/year per domain.
dreams
Okay, just so that I've got it right.

The cost to transfer my domain to you is: 14,85$ per year.
The ID Protect costs : 8$ for a year.

What does this mean?

"and add a year to already prepaid period."
Serge
When you transfer domain to us for $14.85/year you actually renews a domain for an extra yar. and this year is added to already paid period.

So if you domain name has 6 month till expiration after transfer it will have 1 year and 6 months till expiration date.
dreams
Oh, okay. Does that additional year count regardless whether I stay with you guys or not?

Cause as of right now, the domain is till Jan 2007, and I don't know if I'll be hosted for that long.

Thanks again smile.gif
Stanly
In that case you'll pay only once I think. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here