Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The "time" on the server is 5 hours ahead
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
TSFBA
Something happened in the last few days. The time on the server has jumped ahead 5 hours. I have the option in my forums to adjust the time a user sees, right now i am set where i need to be (-7GMT) but its still 5 hours off. Can this be fixed? It says its 3am and its only 10p? lol.

Thanks!
www.TSFBA.com
Alec
Default timezone for all our servers is GMT
TSFBA
well... somehow it has changed. it says its 11 am now, and its 6... lol
Alec
What is a server?
TSFBA
What is a server? Im guessing you you know what a server is.. wink.gif

The time for my forum database shows +5 GMT.. i know this because when i post a message or check users online, it shows 5 hours ahead of the time that it is now.

I have my personal settings at -7GMT to adjust it for user pref., but it is way off. I know if you check this, you too will find that i am correct. but during the recent activity upgrading or whatever, this changed.

site: tsfba.com
forums: www.tsfba.com/forums

You can even register and set the time you wish and see how far it is off.

Thanks!
Stanly
Hmm... smile.gif

Fri Mar 12 20:38:30 GMT 2004

It is date from this server.
It is absolutely correct to GMT. cool.gif
TSFBA
I didnt say "this" server.. come on guys... lets work the problem.
Vanya
Okay, than what server?
server18's time is ok... Time zone - GMT0
TSFBA
QUOTE(TSFBA @ Mar 12 2004, 03:35 PM)
The time for my forum database shows +5 GMT.. i know this because when i post a message or check users online, it shows 5 hours ahead of the time that it is now.

I have my personal settings at -7GMT to adjust it for user pref., but it is way off. I know if you check this, you too will find that i am correct. but during the recent activity upgrading or whatever, this changed.

site: tsfba.com
forums: www.tsfba.com/forums

You can even register and set the time you wish and see how far it is off.

The server for TSFBA.com
Alexandre
Time zone - GMT0.
You can set it for your forum by programming way.
For instance to add +5 or -7.
TSFBA
OMG!!! I am trying so hard to get upset. I have set it to what it needs to be... WHY dont you just check it?

Everything was fine for 2 months.. then you started your "upgrades" and now it has changed.

If you would just do as I asked several times and check it, you will see that I am correct.

Take 5 min out of your busy schedule and check it. Or, just sign up on the forums and try it for yourself.

its all very Simple... believe your customers once and a while. sad.gif

I have my personal settings in the fourms at -7GMT to adjust it for user pref. but it is STILL 5 hours + ahead...
TSFBA
a direct copy of text from my forums: