Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mailing lists
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
sec
I use opt-in mailing lists on a couple of my current sites and wanted to find out how yours work (interested in 'Special' as I would like to consolidate my domains into one account).

In the 20 list allotment, would it be possible to have lists for different domains on the 'Special' plan; ie: listname@domainA.com and another listname@domainB.com and another at listname@domainC.com etc., or would they have to share the main domain name: listnameA@maindomain.com and listnameB@maindomain.com and listnameC@maindomain.com.

Is there a top-end limit on the number of members for each mailing list. Mine are currently set up as a newsletter-only-no posting. If so, what is that limit.

Would your support staff be able to assist in moving/pointing domain names to the new site, and eventually set it up so I could do the registration through Hostony (or do you just direct clients to a 3rd party registrar).

Thanks
Stanly
1. We have Mailman installed as maillist software.
You can read some info about it here.

2. If you will send 500-1000 mesages per day for example, I think it will be normal. But in the other case your messages can be recognized as spam.

3. If you will register domain name with our company, it will be configured automatically. If you already have a domain name you will just need to change name servers for it to ours (this info will be sent at your Account Activation e-mail). You can do this at your domain name registrar's site.
sec
Thank you for the quick reply.

I scanned through Mailman and will read more thoroughly before I make a decision.

They mentioned Virtual domain support. Would that allow for unique mailing lists for each of the 10 domains I could have supported in the 'special' plan. I believe from reading documentation, that each of the 10 domains on the account has its own unique mailserver and I didn't know if that would apply to a mailing list for each domain.
Stanly
Yes, you will be able to create a standalone mailing list for each of your domain names.
Great. Thanks for your help. SC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here