Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mailing List, Domain Transfer
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Alex
Hi,

1. I currently have a website with another host and I want to transfer it over. This will mean that other users can access my site with the same domain name right?

2. Do I need to download a copy of the old site from my old host and upload it to hostony later. Or do everything get transferred? I am not sure how DNS and all that works...

3. With the other host, do I need to tell them that you are transferring the site? And when can I stop my contract with them?

4. We have 8 mailing list, and I am wondering whether we can pay extra to get more mailing lists, or do we have to go for a higher plan?

Alex =)
I realise that you guys are located in the UK. Was wondering whether you can host a site with an australian domain name, as our current site is www.site.com.au

Alex =)
Alec
1. I currently have a website with another host and I want to transfer it over. This will mean that other users can access my site with the same domain name right?

Yes if you are owner or administrator of the domain you can point the domain to any our server

Yes you need to backup your site data on your local computer and upload them on our server later. Also we can transfer all ourselvers if you will grant us on your ftp account and control panel with old hosting.

3. With the other host, do I need to tell them that you are transferring the site? And when can I stop my contract with them?

You may stop all contrsacts with your current hoster when your site will be transferred on our server finally.

We have 8 mailing list, and I am wondering whether we can pay extra to get more mailing lists, or do we have to go for a higher plan?

Mailing lists cause an additional server load frequently. So if you don't overload the server with mass email you have not to pay extra charges for it

As for last question we can host any internetional domains but we can't register the most of them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here