Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planning to order...But a few questions first.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Ryan Barnard
The Hostony service looks absolutely wonderful, and I expect that I will be making an order fairly soon. However, I have a few questions first:

1) What happens if I go past my allocated bandwidth? Am I automatically billed extra, or will traffic stop?

2) Is there any way to have certain subdomains automatically redirect somewhere else? For example, if I have example.mydomain.com as a subdomain, can it automatically redirect somebody to, say, www.otherWebsite.com?

3) What will I have to do to get SSH access? What about anonymous FTP access? Will I be charged extra, or are they just things I'll have to request to be enabled after opening an account?

4) How does the 30-day guarantee work? Can I sign up, try to get everything running, and if it turns out that the service isn't what I was looking for after all, I can cancel and get my money back?

5) Obviously a domain wouldn't register immediately. Until it goes through, how do I access/test my website? If I order tomorrow, Saturday, should I expect to have to wait until a business day to be able to access my site?
Ryan Barnard
One other thing: can I start with 1-month hosting, and, if I'm satisfied, upgrade to 3- or 6-month hosting?
Vanya
1. We'll bill you you extra.
2. Yes, there is.
3. No extra charge. You'll just need contact us.
4. Yes, that's now it works.
5. You will be able to use temporary link. We work 24/7 so you won't need to wait until a business day if paiment is ok.

And yes, such upgrade can be done.
Ryan Barnard
If there's a way to change the settings so that bandwidth is throttled past the limit instead of costing me extra, I'm definitely signing up tomorrow. Once I've signed up, can I contact support and have them change that setting for me, or will I just have to hope that I never go over?

TIA.
Vanya
Sorry, there is no way to do this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here