Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: email
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Xbethelpdesk
Hi ,

For some reason, email has stopped working, i can send or receive, i send from other accounts and it does not come, and i send to other accounts and it does not get there??. any ideas.

xbetonline.net
odysseyit.com.au

both stopped working..
Xbethelpdesk
working again .. strange ....
Alexandre
Poltergaist tongue.gif smile.gif
tnfg
Poltergeist or not, its costing some of us $$$ money . . . $$$

**SAME PROBLEM** [thenorthfaceguy.com]

No incoming or outgoing mail for the last **FOURTEEN HOURS**. (last activity 10:01 AM EST 03/06/04).

My customers are livid. If they are, what words would describe *my* frustration?This is not the first time with this same issue -- its almost become a regular routine. It's difficult to run a business when your clientele can't communicate with you.

Submitted a ticket -- but posting here anyway. Please save the smackdown for making a second reference to same problem . . . Listen guys -- not disrespecting here, just venting -- but I'd prefer support, not discipline. Please advise . . . (and will the "old" mail route, or will it be junked like the last time [72 hours worth]?)

Thanks.
Vanya
Mail route will not be junked.
I've checked you mail. It is working ok now.
tnfg
Hi -- thanks for your reply. It is not the case that all is ok. Nothing has changed.

Incoming not received (neither earlier messages nor present messages). No test messages make it through.

Outgoing is also not completing. Error reads as below.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'sales@thenorthfaceguy.com', Server: 'mail.thenorthfaceguy.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 server8.fastbighost.com Unexpected log failure, please try later - closing connection.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

Latest test for incoming / outgoing was 2:23 AM EST 03/07/04. Last message sent received successfully was still 10:01 AM 03/06/04. That's a really system long hiccup . . .

Please advise ASAP.
Stanly
Please have a look at this:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1239
tnfg
Hello. I looked at the thread (why does it always happen to Server 8? Maybe its time to request a change to another server). I learned I can expect intermittent problems over the next two days. This does not help me figure out when the ongoing e-mail outage will be resolved. An earlier post said everything was ok. No -- it is not ok . . .

Please, I need help regarding where my mail is . . . or if its ever going to come through (when?). Is the e-mail relaying through my ISP into OE? Nope.
Relaying out of OE? Nope. Relaying into cPanel WebMail? Nope -- empty, no mail in there for any account. Relaying out of cPanel WebMail? Nope. "ERROR SENDING MAIL -- Sorry, there was a problem sending your message."

No kidding!

Now what is this message when I attempt to add new accounts?
"Fatal Error: Unable to read data from /dev/urandom (No such file or directory). Please contact your system admin to have them repair the problem."

This is what it said before I learned (at least according to cPanel that it had **DELETED** my default domain e-mail address! (sales@thenorthfaceguy.com)

In attempting to add it back in, the error repeats itself -- same for any new address additions or edits.

Please advise -- need an ETA or specific instructions as to what to try next or otherwise what to expect. This is crippling me and my business . . . so did last time! THERE WILL BE NO NEXT TIME! This is it!
Stanly
Unfortunately, nothing can be done while full transfer of accounts will not be finished.
You just need to wait.

Sorry for inconveniences and thanks for your patience.
jburke
But can you give us an ETA to restored email? If this extends into the work week it's going to hurt even more.
Vanya
Transfer is almost done.
Probably, it will be finished in one day.
jburke
Checking again... When will this transfer be complete?
Can you confirm that emails are being queued for delivery and will not be lost?
Thank you
Alec
Please open a trouble ticket and notify your sample email account with password and I'll check it additionally
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here