Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreamweaver 4 tip
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
horhey23
I was having proplems with FTP within Dreamvweaver 4 until I checked the "Use passive FTP" checkbox under the Remote info tab. Everything worked great afterwards.

Thought I would post for other users with the same issue.

George
Alexandre
Yes you have to use "passive mode" to access the server via FTP.
This is a secure issue.
phobos
Passive mode is useful feature for users that are under firewall protection (usually ISP enable it to protect own customers).
If you choose passive mode you can access FTP server even if your computer under NAT server (do not have public ip address).
Webslave
Best FTP programm i've found is the old WINDOWS COMMANDER programm which changed name, but i don't know to which programm name they changed but they are the best!
MicahR79
What is the difference between the passive and "active"(i guess) I have left it with the passive unchecked and it works fine most of the time; however, sometimes it can't find server at first and then I just refresh and its off and running or just wait a few mins and it takes care of it.
Alec
Please read here about it:

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html
MicahR79
QUOTE(Alec @ Nov 30 2004, 10:17 AM)
Please read here about it:

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Okay so I read all that technical mumbo jumbo just to get to the end where it had a summary that I could actually understand. Esentially for all who are entirely too lazy to even skim to the bottom of that page. Active is better for the FTP admin and Passive is better for the Client. I guess in the case of web server we would be that client so Passive is better.

Those are my thoughts tell me yours.

Thanks,
Micah
ser_pros
Yes I agree with you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here