Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cannot receive email w/Entourage (Mac), webmail OK
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
horhey23
Entourage will not receive mail at my account(s). I use my ISP for SMTP, and can send OK.

My mail shows up in the webmail (which I can only access by going through the control panel, a pain in the neck) but I can't receive it via Entourage.

I set up a test account and Entourage returns a message that my username and/or password are incorrect, but that is not the case.

Settings are as follows:

LOGIN: username@mydomain.com
PASS: password

POP: mail.mydomain.com

The setup email said to use just "mydomain.com" for POP, but this doesn't work. "mail.mydomain.com" at least allows me to login, but then tells me my username and/or password is incorrect (they aren't).

The "username+mydomain.com" doesn't work either.

I submitted a trouble ticket and was told simply that all was working and it was probably a problem with my ISP, but no details.

EDIT: I tried some alternate settings for the outgoing mail, and got a message from my old host, possible that certain aspects of the DNS changeover aren't complete yet?
Alexandre
I have checked your account. All works fine.
I'm have set the following settings:

LOGIN: username@mydomain.com
PASS: password

SMTP: mydomain.com
POP3: mydomain.com

Please try and inform me in your ticket on the http://support.hostony.com

Best regards.
horhey23
I changed my POP setting to the "IP/~user" temporary setup address and everything works fine. Must be a DNS things, the changeover must not be complete.
Vanya
Probably you're right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here