Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subdomain Hosting?
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
Stoneguard
Hi! I recently joined up and have received execellent service! (http://bookbacks.com/).

I have a question regarding assigning a subdomain of another domain name I own. In other words, I own another domain name, and would like to create a subdomain here on my account while leaving the domain itself where it currently resides. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this? I control the DNS entries for the other domain, so pointing the subdomain is easy enough if I can get it set up.

Thanks in advance!
-Stone
Stanly
To add a domain to your web site:

1. Click on the Addon Domains button on the home page.
2. Enter the domain name in the New Addon Domain field.
3. Add the directory that the addon domain points to in the Username/directory name field.
4. Enter the password for the domain in the Password field, if required.
5. Click on the Add button.

Don't forgot to change Name servers for your domain name to our. cool.gif
Stoneguard
Sorry, you are not allowed to add any more then (0) addon domains! The below addon domain was not setup!

Doh! Ok, I just read the description on this all again. Apparently I have to purchase add-on domain names for $3.95 a month? That's a bit much if I already own the name and just want to host a sub-domain of it here. Oh well, I suppose that's what I get for not understanding the features of the package better.
Vanya
You probably own Profi plan(it have no addon domains).
You can purchase one for $3.95 or to upgrade to special.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here