Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: general pre-sales stuff
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
tiffman
I'm looking at signing up for the special shared plan, and just had a couple questions:

Is a static IP an option for shared plans? How about personalized DNS servers? How much would these cost if they are options?

Are you located in Atlanta, GA? Your company page says you're in "the Atlanta" and you have an address somewhere in England (I believe), so I just wanted to make sure.

How quick is a typical tech support response? Do you have 24/7 support? I've noticed admins are fairly active on this board, which I figure is a good sign. If not 24/7, I get the impression admins are (mostly?) European, which probably bodes well for us Americans in that any problems will likely be seen before morning here.

I can't remember if there was anything else, but that should do for now. Thanks.
Serge

Is a static IP an option for shared plans? How about personalized DNS servers? How much would these cost if they are options?

Yes you can get static ip for $3/mo with shared plan and private nameservers for $6/mo.

With reselelr plan provate nameservers are free.

Are you located in Atlanta, GA? Your company page says you're in "the Atlanta" and you have an address somewhere in England (I believe), so I just wanted to make sure.
Our servers are located in Atlanta, GA. Company is registered in UK.

How quick is a typical tech support response? Do you have 24/7 support? I've noticed admins are fairly active on this board, which I figure is a good sign. If not 24/7, I get the impression admins are (mostly?) European, which probably bodes well for us Americans in that any problems will likely be seen before morning here.

Our support is outsourced to UA and we have 24/7 support. Support responce are usually within an hour or 2. Sometimes faster. sometimes longer depending on the workload.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here