Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
mlaird
I have a simple site for the Punta Gorda Boat Club. We use FrontPage 2002 - pgboatclub.org.
We need to send out informational emails to our membership - 250 - every couple of days. Our current host has a limit of 150per half hour which causes us to send 2 messages. Do ya'll have any restrictions that would create problems? Thanks.

Mike
Serge
There is no restriction on how much email you can send per hour. The only restriction is common sence and our TOS. If you'll send massive emails that cause mailserver to top on CPU it is not ok for shared hosting. Also we have mailman maillist management utility that can help you manage your maillist.

With 250 small messegas you should be ok.
mlaird
Thanks for the info. I will signup for a month and if all is well, youve got a customer. As a refuge from Featureprice I am not very trusting right now.

Mike
mlaird
I just signed up with you folks and the info I received says I use my local ISP for outgoing mail. They have a limit of 10 recepients on outgoing email. That's why I asked the original question. Do you have an SMTP server I can use? If not, this is a showstopper.

Mike
Serge
You can use your server main ip for the SMTP server. The SMTP server requires authentification. Use your mail account login and password to log to the SMTP.
mlaird
Everything works perfectly!! I don't know what I'll do with the extra time I have now that I don't have to try and get support from Featureprice. biggrin.gif
Thanks.

Mike
Serge
smile.gif Pleased to see a happy customer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here