Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PHP-Nuke
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
biohazzard
Hey I just have a quick simple question I hope you can help. I want to use the PHP-Nuke system and I was wondering how do I install it. It say to make a toplevel folder for it. But I want it to be used as the default index file. how can I do that
Vanya
You can move all the files from the subfolder to your public_html or to setup a redirection.
biohazzard
Ok I am not sure what you mean by this. Let me see if this is correct. I install to www.biohazzardcreations.com/nuke/ and then I take all files and folders from that dir and place them into public_html. But wont that screw up the install. Please can u give me a step-by-step guide that would be excellent. thanks in advance
dragonfli
Take A Look at this post http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtop...st=0&#entry3738
follow those instructions only copy the appropriate files to public html rather than folder. Config.php is where you will tell the installation "which database, what user, etc.". I suggested you read that post because you might as well find and use latest version. read that post carefully and you will see all the information is there to accomplish this.

If all that seems too hard then just install from c-panel to folder; move all files to public root. I don't think you have to do anything in nuke for path, but if you do, it would most likely be a simple change in config.php. I've done this with sort of thing with oscommerce (with that you do have to change path in config.php). It's been a long time since I played with nuke but I don't think you have to do much else but move that files.
biohazzard
Ok cool thanks, I will try that
dragonfli
Here Is A Great Link I found for you.
Way Too much info on nuke
PHP-Nuke Management and Programming
That should help you with any problems you may encounter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here