Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Job With The Servers
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
dragonfli
wink.gif Just Wanted To Say to all Support and Administration staff -

Greet Job with Server 11!

There were in the past some issues regarding load and a few site specific problems and of course there were some posts reflecting that.
So I thought I'd post one Telling you how great everything is runnig on this server now.wub.gif
even before the new kernel I had noticed you seemed to have the load issues resolved (it has been below 3 more often than not for some time now).
But Since the new kernel I have noticed how much snappier everything is in general. If this server is indicative of the hosting you provide on all of your servers I'd say you better be prepared to grow exponentially and be expecting more customers than you know what to do with.

To sum things up
Verry Well Done!
Serge
Thanks,

yeh we have moved several sites causing high load to dedicated servers before the kernel upgrade. And new kernel performs much better. Better hyperthreading support and memory management.

We are also planning to add 1 gig of RAM to that server to avoid using hdd for swap. Should help server to better pass peak load moments. The only problem supplier doesn't have 1 GIG sticks for help and have no ETA when they'll be available. Hope it will be soon. Waiting for it for almost 2 weeks.

Once we get it we'll recompile the kernel to optimize for new mwmory usage.
Vanya
Thanks, we try to do our best.
New custom kernels was a great idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here