Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Get Started
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi,

I am impressed with what I have seen of Hostony thus far. I would like to get a step-by-step procedure for setting up my domains and sites on your hosting service. I am currently on Featureprice and I am ready to go. Let's say I want to switch to Hostony today. What should I do to make sure that I don't mess up my situation and find myself down with no email or websites. I have three domains and a sub-domain to move. I am interested in the Power hosting plan for three months. What's the process?
Alec
Hello Don.
Glad to see you.

In order to switch to Hostony you need:

1. Select appropriate package and pay for it on our site.

2. After this you will receive 'Account information' email where you can get to know all neccessary information about your account.

Once you receive activation email you'll see there new nameservers for your domain. All you'll have to do then is go to your domain registrar site and change nameservers for your domain to those you receive with activation email.

From that moment it will take about 1-3 days for the change to propagate.
And your domain will point to our server.

That's it.
Anonymous
Thanks biggrin.gif

After what I've experienced lately, it is refreshing to get answers like this.
I'm pretty sure that I'll be making the move very soon.

I operate a church web site. We have several simple distribution lists that have 30-50 or more names. In your mailing list programs is it possible to enter those names from a spreadsheet, or comma or tab delimited file, or do we have to enter each name separately?
Serge
You can copy/paste a list of emails from the fule and mass subscribe them in the mailman member management control panel.
Anonymous
Great, Thanks for your help

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here