Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mySQL Question
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
MaineCove
I am wondering where my database files are stored.

I am in the process of learning MySQL/PHP on my local PC and plan to develop my database there. Once I am done I was expecting to upload the database files to my online space using FTP, but was unable to find the location of the mySQL databases.

Do I have the ability to ftp database files to my account and if so how?

Thanks.
Stanly
/var/lib/mysql - files are located there.
Also you can upload a DUMP of a database (but not the files), and then ask us to import it in your database (or you can do it yourself if you have shell access and know how to do this).

You can import mysql dump by running the following:

mysql -u[mysql_username] -p [mysql_database_name] < dump.sql

You don't have ability to change MySQL files.
MaineCove
So does that mean that I can't define a database and its tables/structures using scripts locally and then upload it? I will have to create the database by hand using Cpanel and then only have the option to upload the data? Yuck.

I was really hoping to be able to use script files to create my tables / indexes. Would shell access enable me to do that?
Stanly
Yes, it would.
Just tell me your domain name and I'll granst shell access for you immediately. smile.gif
MaineCove
I sent you an email with my domain name yesterday.

How do access SSH. do I need to download client software or is it something that is built into CPanel?

Thanks
Rich
Vanya
You should download ssh client. I would recommend you "putty"
MaineCove
I am not sure if you all are received my email or PM. but I have downloaded putty and have tried connecting to my domain at port 22 with my default account.

I still get the message that my account has not been given permission for shell access and I should contact support.

Now what?
Stanly
Please go to http://support.hostony.com and submit a trouble ticket for granting shell access.
Also don't forget to display your domain name at trouble ticket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here