Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site Down.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Red Blaze
Hello.

I wanna know why it's down, and for how long it has been that way. Probably it's my location, or something I don't know. But I get this

We can't find "www.thesonicjoint.com"

I heard you're upgrading, is that part of the problem?

http://www.thesonicjoint.com <--that's my site.
Red Blaze
I'm getting rather impatient (since I see someone that works with Hostony around online >_> and not posting anything here witn an answer).

Why is my site down?
Serge
As it was announced we are compiling custom kernels on our servers since redhat doen't support RH9 anymore and at least 2 critical holes are not addressed with their latest avaliable kernel build. Right now we are experiencing a problem with hdd support in new kernel. Server should be up when we fix it.

Thank you for your patience.
Red Blaze
Thank you for answering me, now I feel a hell of a lot better too. happy.gif How long do you think it'll take until it gets fixed?
Serge
Looks like HDD problem is fixed now we have a problem with intel ethernet gigabit driver. It is a tricky thingy and always like to conflict with other ethernet card.
It is hard to get any valid ETA. We are doing all we can to get it up ASAP.
Serge
We've got the server up at the datacenter office. Once we ensure that new compiled kernel is stable we'll move it back to the rack. There wil lbe a short downtime while we'll be doing it. There could be several reboots while we are playing with a kernel to ensure it is stable, but I hope everything will woprk well and we avoid lengthy downtimes.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Serge
Server 18 upgrade is completed. It is mounted back to the rack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here