Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Priv Label Personalised Nameservers
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jovi
Hello,

I like to check is it possible to do the following:

- Suppose my reseller domain is called "webhost.com"

- webhost.com is hosted in host A

- Now, I buy a reseller package at host B (i.e. hostony.com), but I would like the following:

1) Keep webhost.com at host A, using that as my storefront.

2) My resold domains at host B, will ofcourse be at host B server.
However, they will point to ns1.webhost.com, instead of ns1.hostony.com.

Pls advise if this can be done, and the exact, detailed, step by step procedure to go about doing it.
Serge
1. You have to go to your domain name registrar and register nameservers
ns1.webhost.com
ns2.webhost.com

pointing to ips issued by host B.

Note this feature is not always in control panel (enom.com and godady has it in control panel) and you may need to contact domain name registrar support to register your nameservers (e. q. register.com has such practice.)

2. You'll also have to create 2 subdomain records in nameserver zone file ns1. ns2. pointing to ips issued for nameservers by host B.

3. Your account at host A stays untouched.

4. You have to login to the WHM control panel at host B and put your nameservers in ns1.webhost.com ns2.webhost.con nameserver fiels. All new added account will automatically have new configured records in your own nameservers.
jovi
QUOTE(Serge @ Feb 28 2004, 08:05 PM)
1. You have to go to your domain name registrar and register nameservers
ns1.webhost.com
ns2.webhost.com

pointing to ips issued by host B.

Note this feature is not always in control panel (enom.com and godady has it in control panel) and you may need to contact domain name registrar support to register your nameservers (e. q. register.com has such practice.)

2. You'll also have to create 2 subdomain records in nameserver zone file ns1. ns2. pointing to ips issued for nameservers by host B.

3. Your account at host A stays untouched.

4. You have to login to the WHM control panel at host B and put your nameservers in ns1.webhost.com ns2.webhost.con nameserver fiels. All new added account will automatically have new configured records in your own nameservers.

Excellent and clear. Thanks very much! biggrin.gif
Serge
You are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here