Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Private Nameserver IP addresses
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jgalt1
It seems that I can't reply anymore to my previous posting so I'm continuing it here.

I just want hostony to tell me if I would have still be down if they had a different email address for me ?

Since you invalidated my private DNS servers IP's, how would this downtime that I'm having been prevented ?

In other words, what SHOULD have happened in your plan for doing this, that would have prevented my days of downtime ??
Serge
You have posted previous post in the post that was pinned for other users to read.
Please don't start numerous threads for teh same issue. You other post will be removed.

The move of the server 7 from old ips to new ips was going for over 2 months.

1. We copied all sites to the new server and sent notices first.
2. Then sent new infor to all users on teh server using contact information we had on file and walked account by account to help customer synhronize their data and pint tdomains to the new server.
3. 2 weeks ago when it looked like everything was moved we stopped services on server 7 to immitate the situation when old ips are gone and have enough time to fix any things that we might overlooked.

Sorry, but you faild to answer our numerous emails as well as react to immitated downtime on teh server. We were obliagated to free ip space by the 25 February and there was nothing we could do about it.

There are numerous places where you can have your ips addresses:
Cpanel contact information,
Trouble ticket system,
Billing information.

To keep contact information up-to-date is customers responsibility becasuse there is no way for us to find out when you change emails, etc.

If you had your contact information updated and answered our mail,your sites would be moved without any downtime. So far it worked for other 100+ customers that were hosted on that server.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
jgalt1
Okay, I'll accept your explanation that it is my fault if you had some plan that would have avoided this if I had received certain emails.

Please tell me 2 things:

1. What email address are you using as my contact email (just the domain is fine)

2. Where/How do I "update my contact information" with you ?
jgalt1
Hey Serge,

Please tell me the following:

1. which email (domain only) did you send all those email messages to about
moving my domains ?

2. How do I "update my contact email" as you said ?

I would appreciate a response so that we can avoid this problem.
Serge
1. We have used the one you submitted with billing.
2. Contacting support and telling that email is changed is enough. They will also generate a link to update your email and CC for billing.

Also in case billing fails update link is generated&sent automatically to teh email on file. So having email always up-to-date is good idea so that you could be automatically notified if there is a problem with your paiments, otherwise accounts are suspended after 7 notices (12 days).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here